C@ptivew@rk$ best support site

Bronze Member
Username: Kenroy

Kingston, Kingston Jamaica

Post Number: 34
i recently bought a CW and i was wondering which site would have the best support for my FTA receiver.....and comments?

Gold Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 1579
completefta dot com remove the dot and put the . you will fins its a great site for cw there the first ones to put out cw bins

Silver Member
Username: Mucho

Post Number: 536
kenroy sutherland

Ask for bruce l, he is the man.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1580
i dont mod any more sorry but if you ned help i would be glad to help you with your box cw is one of the eazyer boxes to set up put your new bin in do your seatings scan sat inable the patch let roll to inable patch hit f1 000 on the remote

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
what is the normal time taken 4 CW to come back up? because im getting scrambled signal from i bought this

Gold Member

Post Number: 1591
give more info what cw do you have i got cw600p and cw650 both up and runing what sat are you trying to get and did you inable the patch if not hit f1 on the remote then 000 this will inable the patch then if your on 110 got ch 195 let roll for five or ten mins and on sat 119 go to ch 200 and let roll if on bev 91 go to ch 352 and let roll my cw600p got bin 201 and my cw650 got bin 130 hope this helps let me no thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
thanks bruce........oh.. and i have a CW800s, and i dont quit understane the recording yet

Gold Member

Post Number: 1594
How to for PVR for CW800

How to use feature:

1.) TO Timeshift press PAUSE button and give it a few seconds to get ahead of real time then press PLAY when you want to watch. Press INFO button to remove the info bar at bottom. You can also FF and RW in timeshift mode. Both RW and FF have a delay to start working about 2 seconds. To return to Play from FF or RW press PLAY again. To End Timeshifting press STOP then it will return you to live play.

2.) To Record Press RECORD button and you will see a popup window that will ask do you want to RECORD CURRENT CHANNEL? If you answer YES then it will start record with a 2 second delay or if you answer NO it will give you a choice to record another channel on same TP, very nice feature, you can record another channel on same TP and watch the one you are on. All this with one tuner, impressive. When Recording starts you will see info bar at bottom giving name of show and time of recording and size of file as well as playtime. You will notice playtime is about 4 seconds behind. When you want to end recording press STOP.

3.) To Playback press USB button and it will take you to the USB menus were you could find your recording. Scroll down to recording and press OK. If you press INFO button you can see progress bar. Now you have choices on playback. You can FF different speeds 2x, 4x or 8x, RW you also have the same. To stop FF or RW you need to press PLAY if you press FF or RW button again it advances to the next speed.

4.) Sizes of files save on recording is much better than CW100-R. It will record a file as large as 4g and the will start another file. 4g is plenty to record a show or movie or football game. I recorded a football game and it was under 3g.

5.) To delete recordings of any file on USB drive enter the USB menu and Highlight the file you want to delete and press SAT button and it will confirm you really want to delete it. Say YES and it is gone.

6.) Setting timer for recording from EPG is done the same way as in the CW600sp. Find the show you want to record then press the GREEN button and a timer will be setup for you. That is all you need to do.

7 To get rid of record Message press info

Silver Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 142
PVR sucks on the CW800.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1595
how would you no you have one do you a$ $ hole

Silver Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 147
WTF language is that azzwipe. Go back to school, you retarded hillbilly! Take your brother plymouth, with you too.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 11418
justforhaha's.....LK....

JUST SHUT UP ..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1598
the only one you no hahasben

Username: Canadagoose

Post Number: 1
I also need help with my new CW-600S Premium Receiver.

I have followed all of the step by step guides, but when I hit F1 to Patch Enable I dont get an H or anything on my receiver display or my tv screen.

I have all the channels but they just show as scrambled. My Signal strength in high 70s - low 80s. I get the dn info channel and the nasa channel and that's all.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 3477
Meg ask LK aka Hahaha
he know all the old idiot

Bronze Member
Username: King_of_rats

Post Number: 52
Upload

Post Number: 2
Would appreciate it if someone has the answer to my question - anyone?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3480
Meg
Load factory bin from here:

http://www.captiveworks.com/software/CW600PV1.09_Reocrder_2_20_07.bin

Do a hard reboot and load last bin file, do a hard reboot and enable patch with F1 000

Post Number: 3
Thanks for your help Plymouth. I did that, but still the same problem. When I hit f1 - nothing comes up. The red light does flicker on the remote to indicate activity. Anything else to try?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3481
Press sat button on remote or try new battery

Gold Member

Post Number: 1603
sorry im 3 days late but you can try this if the remot wont work hope you get this
Added front panel controls to Enable Patch. Put box in standby mode then press OK Button then VOL+ Button, VOL- Button and then box should turn on and Patch should be Enabled.

Post Number: 4
Thanks Bruce. I put the box in standby mode, then pressed ok, then vol+ then vol-.

Still all scrambled channels. I am using V2.01 bin.

Any thoughts?

Post Number: 5
It worked. Thanks so much.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1614
meg right now the best bin for cw600p is bin197 there is no freez in it glad i was able to help

Gold Member

Post Number: 3530
Bruce
bin 197 work for both?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1615
and you might want to go put bin 177 in to fix the remote this might work for you put bin 177 and then i think you will be able to inable the patch with remote no harm in trying it and let us no thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1616
sorry meg just went to completefta and there is a new bin out just came out late last night bin 202 but bin 197 is working great too14 houers and no freez so fare

Gold Member

Post Number: 3531
Thanks Bruce you are the Captiveworks best

Gold Member

Post Number: 1617
anytime glad to help out when i can have a good day

Bronze Member
Username: Agf

Post Number: 80
Hello Bruce or anyone.
I have a captivework 700 and yesterday it just keeps rebooting. I shut it off and put it on again but it is still doing the same thing. I see the blue screen and see the channel no but it boots and goes into a loop. Could someone help me.
Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1618
agf there are new bins out just put in the new one all should be good

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 2245
sup bruce

Gold Member

Post Number: 1619
not much day off rain today here how are you doing woorking hard i hope lol

Silver Member
Username: Bugster999

Katy, Tx

Post Number: 132
bruce
what is the best bin for cw800s I am using 1.64 from may but it is still freezing do you think the coders will come out with a real fix?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1622
if i rember right the lates bin is 183 from the 14 08 08 im using old bin from the 07 27 08 for my cw600p put it in on thursday night it froze 2 times for about 10 sec in the last 4 days did not try the new one yet but the one from 07 27 08 works great you can try bin 176 its dated 07 27 08 or the new bin from the 14 08 08 bin 183 its the lates bin for cw800s hope this helps you let me no thanks

Silver Member
Username: Eatfish111

Post Number: 434
lol I am going to have to agree with justforhaha on this the pvr on the 800 does suck.
The timer never works tried on 4 different receivers.
Playback is shotty
and well if you want a pvr go with conaxsat or hell even the k-box

Gold Member

Post Number: 1624
eatfish i dont have one so i cant say any thing you might be right but the cw800s is only a couple of monthes old give the coders time and it will get fixed i would think and the box did not go down last week runing on bin from the 14 08 08 so there doing some thing wright

Silver Member

Post Number: 435
mine went down last week on dn
had a reboot problem I dont test bev on the 800 only dn.
I had to upgrade to the bev fix.
all in all the stb is good but the pvr function isnt up to par with the other companies.
The 800 has been out for almost a year now bruce. I bought mine last year in November. I would hope they worked the bugs out by now considering who is on there coding team.
It is better to stay away from them right now as there are reports of clones of the 700 and 800 hitting the market now.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1625
what bin did you up grade it to i only see the 183 from the 14 08 08 and right now im runing bin 197 from the 27 07 08 on both dish and bev working great with that bin you might want to try it if your not geting dish

Bronze Member
Username: Agf

Post Number: 85
Thanks Bruce

Silver Member

Post Number: 436
I had to upgrade to the 14 08 08 to stop the rebooting and havent used the latest dont need to yet still works on dn.
I have been testing for years bruce captive works even. 600 was one of my first receivers.
I think captiveworks has slipped a bit after the great success they had around xmas time. They willbe back I am sure all I said was there pvr isnt that good. I do hope they improve there pvr and I am sure they will but as I said they have clones out there now and you should stay away from them until they get it sorted out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us