To Understand a Map Call

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 1403
C&P kudos to Odd

An Easier Way To Understand A Map Call

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First how digital scrambling works, quick version.
A digital picture or audio, is simply a bunch of numbers, when put together they make up the picture you watch or audio you hear.

Digital scrambling is easy you simply mix up the numbers, but to unscramble the picture you must know how it was scambled.
All sat TV providers use the same system to scramble, its called a Control Word system, easy term, they use a number like 03 c2 51 da 35 f5 ef 76 to scramble ONE channel for about 2 minutes, then they change the number, this number is called the CW (control word), they use a different number(CW) for each channel, it is just a random 8 byte number.

After they have Scrambled the video with the CW number it is unwatchable, so their subscribers can't watch it either, so they must send out the CW to all their subscribers, and THIS is where encryption and decryption comes into the system.

This is what a card or cardless software is for, decrypting the CW for a specific channel, this is also why some channels will work and others won't, more on that later.

Ok so the picture is Scrambled using a random number called the Control Word(CW).
Now to prevent anyone with a dish and digital receiver from watching their channels the provider must encrypt(hide) the CW using different prearranged math methods, the prearranged part is what they have loaded on their subscribers cards or receivers, they encrypt the CW using the reverse of the prearranged decryption on the cards, and this is where MAPs come into play.

A MAP is nothing more, or less, than a preset math formula.
add 03 to all numbers
sub 06 from all numbers
multiply all numbers by 04

All 3 of these are simplified math versions, each its own MAP.

So
MAP01 = add 03 to all numbers
MAP02 = sub 06 from all numbers
MAP03 = multiply all numbers by 04

Real MAPs are a little more complicated mathwise, lol.

But the process is the same, a MAP changes the CW number in a known way, known to DN.

DN tells the cards to use MAP57, then MAP03, then MAP3B in that order to decrypt the CW, if you don't know what the MAP does to the CW or you do it in the wrong order then you get the wrong CW at the end an no picture.
They also throw in a key or two (auto-roll gets one of those keys) in the decryption process just to make it a little more secure.

So pretty straight forward process, nothing real complicated about it, and very secure IF your cards are secure. This is why DTV is no longer a "freeTV" option, their new cards are secure.
There is no way to get around this type of scrambling you can either get the correct CW or you can't, the problem is the CW changes every 2 min. on each channel and no two channels will have the same CW.
You aren't going to just "guess" the CW for a channel, and even using the fastest computer on the planet you couldn't beat the 2 min. cycle.

If you read something that says they can beat this type of system without inside the card info, then put your hand on your wallet and back out of the room slowly, lol.

Because each channel basicly is running its own CW encryption they can run some channels on one CW encryption and other channels on another CW encyption, BEV is even using a different base system for NFL.
At any given time there are usually 2-4 different decryption paths available on a card, at this time BEV has 2-6.

In theory there could be 256 MAPs in a DN card, MAP00 to MAPFF, but probably not.

Just FYI, N1 and N2, and for that matter N3 when it comes, use the same scrambling of the digital picture, only the way the CW is Encrypted and decrypted changes, so they can run multiple types of encryption at the same time, its only a few more CW packets every few minutes there is no bandwidth issue.

Now what has happened as of late, is that (Nagra Vision) has started impelmenting N3 into the stream, this itself is why we have all started seeing (private keys) example: nagra 01 06 00,for DN and B*V and 09 05 00,09 06 00,an 09 07 00.
Most of the time these's keys are not active, but as of late they DAVE , and Charlie's are trying to see just how far they can push there own receiver's and still work, most times itself is not but for a few hours at a time. but they are still continueing to work on it, making everyones life hard, including there own customers ofcourse.

Just remember that, unless DAVE , and Charlie's does a (complete system wide) upgrade of there whole (equipment, CAD Cards and Codes) at a cost of possibly a billion US dollars, only then can it shutdown FTA, and stop any coders from writting codes for all FTA units.
Posted by: Odd

"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus"
Mark Twain

Please read or search the forums before you post!
Please don't hijack a thread!!!
Above all else have fun!!!

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15644
GREAT post zulu...good find...should help many here understand..

Silver Member
Username: Dishlover

Toronto, Ontario Canad

Post Number: 192
Of course appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2735
Good post Zulu
I don't agree with specific logic selections by its author however it does have few facts.
logic operations can be a bit more complex

Let me explain something in Layma'n terms:
To understand decryption yo need to be familiar to encyption process
As yo encode MPEG-2 and AC3 etc.

providers apply a third party patent embeded encypted scheme code on top of DVB (Digital Video Broadcast) during their transmitted re-broadcast
To playback Video yo must seperate the 2 digital data schemes

Conditional access decoder is the only way to decypher applied encypted code. Providers rely on the digital/mechanical stored and processed directly from Addressable Smart Card which is capable to register specific service and subscriber personal information etc. as basic memory registry

Hackers use a spoof hashed final process flashed bin on the EEPROM (the electrically erasable read only memory) to decode applied embeded encryption known as backdoor

Hackers can easily read assembly opcode instructions from smart card or EEPROM or both to begin their back engineering

Smart Card is both RAM and ROM known as NVRAM (Non-volatile RAM)
And hackers by flashing EEPROM spoof that memory section to become both Read only memory and the scratched pad RAM

Enjoy yor learning process
R. K.T.M.

Silver Member
Username: Zagros

Post Number: 183
Excellent post Zulu. Thanks for the info.

Bronze Member
Username: Newbie777

Post Number: 66
Thank you for sharing this info Zulu. There are so many good people here who are willing to share/teach or learn from others.

For a newbie like me, information is truly a blessing so thank you again :-)

Silver Member
Username: Themangod

Post Number: 320
thanks for the info

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 2313
Good info men

Bronze Member
Username: Popol_vuh

Post Number: 46
Great info Zulu and KT, I've learned something today :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 10613
I wish it was that simple.
Look at this for starters.
1. Rotate 1st byte to left, xor the 2nd byte with 1st, swap and store them.
2. Execute a full 50 byte code on one specific byte.

Bronze Member
Username: Popol_vuh

Post Number: 47
Oh, I agree, it's definitely not simple... But this is good info to start understanding how the encryption works...

I've always wondered why the providers did not simply change their keys every two minutes to beat pirates, and although this doesn't give a clear answer, it does help understand the whole process...

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2746
This is why DTV is no longer a "freeTV" option, their new cards are secure.
There is no way to get around this type of scrambling you can either get the correct CW

That's the part I totally disagree with
In electronics no such a thing called unbreakable even credit card transactions can be spoofed

It takes good knowledge of hardware and software to abreach security. "DTV unbreakable" I say not it's laughable to even say such a ridiculous claim

N2 is 10 times harder than V-guard
and N3 I expect at least 50 times harder than either one

If yor next door neighbor got robbed and not yo cuz robbers after a specific target. Most robbers select their target carefully before they make a move and if yo think cuz yor house was more secure than yor neighbor then think again.

I've said it 100 times why DTV not the intended target once again cuz it's simply non-MPEG they are QPSK and that's simply hardware issue rather than software conversion yor FTA receiver is only MPEG totally incompatible.

I'm dying to see what PTA will come out after N2 cuz N3 is breakable but won't be a piece-a-cake and will take several months if not a year to decipher.

Gold Member
Username: Oleg1474

Florida Usa

Post Number: 1070
King Tapeman !! N3 is breakable now.Thanks for Oleg Ph.D

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2747

Don't tell me that - I hear this all the time
Tell that to Charlie, he's the one who will cut the $50,000,000 check yo might be able to save'm few Millions. Maybe he was born yesterday.

I'm the one who says everything is breakable

Silver Member
Username: Mucho

Post Number: 236
King Tapeman
Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2655

Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 11:20 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
N3 in Europe is currently true black
FYI N3 is activated to BEV subscribers only
When N2 drops out
N3 will end PTA on all receivers not just nfusion
Our only source of PTA now is from N2
Both BEV and DN will fully switch to N3 before end of this year 2008
BEV much sooner
There is nothing we can do about that

But I do belive other sources of decryption will resurface upon N2 drout like D-cypher or V-guard but won't be N3 with do all respect to coders

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Luser

Post Number: 294
N3 is breakable now thanks to Oleg Ph.d

Bronze Member
Username: King_of_sats

Post Number: 93
Upload

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2748
And what is the relation between yor 2 posts and this thread T.F.R.?
See a true T.F.R. post things that don't have any meaning or value
A true T.F.R. don't know how to ask questions cuz they are affraid people make fun of them

I feel sorry for yor mother on a day like this

Silver Member
Username: Mucho

Post Number: 250
Author Thread: KING's Update ... For PTA 2008

King Tapeman
Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2120
Posted on Monday, January 14, 2008 - 01:10 pm:

Now the latest from DN
After looking at few clues I came to this conclusion:

- It is now very clear to me DN is in the process of their largest system upgrade ever
- DN is finally changing International Sats 61.5/121/148 that were offered in the past
- Will require new dish, new LNB are now offered at new Anik 118.75 FSS
- If yo had super dish they will only change LNB
- If yo had 61.5 or 148 yo'll now need a new dish

This is not the worst part

- All International channels will have to change receivers. I repeat change entire receiver including brand new smart card and get ready for a totally new system
- No more sub share
- They now have to link multiple receivers to an IR Blaster signal up to 150 feet
- Meaning if yo have 2 or more receivers shared in two separate houses this won't work anymore

- Sat May 17th 2008 DN has a Summit to all of their Installers/contractors vendors etc. They will announce there their new massive upgrade

- So far it looks to me as change only International however shortly after American Broadcast on DN may follow shortly
- I don't think even DN knows exactly the time table of phase switching as they'll do step by step

- I don't know if the new encryption will be Nagra-3 or something else or staying with N1 and N2 I will only guess it will be N-3 as it will have a very complicated dynamic switching authorization process that even they themselves having trouble applying
- Right now they are switching every few seconds between N1 and N2 on two 2 different streams
- DN applying many other firewalls and old analog tricks to add on their more secure signals
- Expect many arrests and shut down to many forums, sources, dealers and installers

- DN is also claiming they are teaming up with Wildblue Satellite 111 for internet
- I was at the October 2007 SATCON Javit Center NYC and spoke with Wildblue and was very impressed with Wildblue and their approach for broadband using satellites biggest problem is there is so much demand and running out of service quicker than expected

Well folks I don't know when PTA will finally come to an end all I'm doing is reporting what I see from my electronics prospective time will only tell for this future transition

If I were in the hackers shoes I'll start looking for a much easier target NOW
As far as International there is not too many choices available
As far as American/Canadian I expect Star*choice and Hits to be next easy target
Again time will only tell
DN will finally turn cold soon
My stuff is timed and dated
Come back and check after the fact

- I'm going to have an entire topic on Wildblue coming soon

I will answer any question yo got as long as yo are not sarcastic
If yo have an intellegint question, go ahead
If yo act like a kid I know how to handle kids too
I'll looking forward to answer any complicated question yo got including sharing clues or proofs I gathered on my own

King Tapeman of NYC
1/14/

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15669
instead of finding fault with each other ...how about posting something of value!...

we all know Nalin is a rat/mole and King likes making predictions...so now thats been made public here 1000x , press on with things different and new..

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 10634
Look at the title
"To Understand a Map Call"

Look at LK's post
"instead of finding fault with each other ...how about posting something of value!.."

Then old woman goes on to post nonsense against me!!

LK: Go and get some serious psychiatric help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
...how about posting something of value!...

Yeah post somthing of value LK

LIKE!!! another Good Bye Message thread.
Your next one should also be in the 1000x repetitiveness range...

15000 messages of worthless crap you've spew.

You not fooling anyone the words out you and the rest of you Viewsat cronie crew has sold out and now cutting deals with echostar to save your own Thieving azzes

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2754
I tried to warn members here
This Kid is a true T.F.R.
Best to ignore all of his usless comments
King_Of_Sats AKA Yukon AKA White Hawks

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=1546343#POST1546343

The famous Quote

I got a dream
because retards can dream also DAMNIT!!

-King the retard Tapeman 2008

I thinks that link explains who
is retarded...

Then if there is any doubts this
past post by you mister electronics wizard shall prove it...

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
Anyone with even a basic understand of electronics wouldn't use the phrase

rs232 or null cable..

beacuse they would know that a cross over
cable is rs232

one is rs232 str8 cable
the other is rs232 cross over cable
ie ....null modem cable

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2755

I totally understand yor a T.F.R.

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
Upload

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2758
Hey Jimmy
I amire yor creativity
But don't under estimate my magnetic power
Yo leave LK alone

Hey BTW
How is yor field service job?
It sux to be on the road that long!
Man that packaging job can't utalize yor creativety right!

And yo still think I'm fake
Look we can joke around all day long but don't push my buttons yor a one legged man and I'm a major league player it won't be a fair play\

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
NO FAKEMAN

You are what the Merian Webster dictionary defines as a Wannnnna Beeeeeeeee

to be major leaguer one first has to learn to conquer illiteracy then they may procede to have a basic understand of their fta manual. Which then leads to the beging of testing...

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2759
Is that right?
I guess I'm gonna have to make yo a believer?
That shouldn't be too hard
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us