New memberUsername: Davidlcole
Post Number: 1
Well, here I am again, end of Jan/08, first of Feb/08 and the TV is repeating the same signs as before 'loud pitching noise, and turning itself off'. My first call was to Stan's. Upon speaking to Gary Jarman, Gary informed me that I needed to call RCA and get a repair authorization number to do a 2nd repair, due to RCA was not going to pay him for the first repair. This 2nd repair call going to Stan's well before Jan 25 one year warranty expiration date, it took a while to reach the shop due to inclement weather, and calling his number a few times only for a fax machine to answer it.
02/06/08 my next call would be to RCA/THOMSON INC., only to find that I would be offered an $80.00 credit towards the repair due to the 1 yr warranty being expired. Not being satisfied with this due to a few reasons:
1. It's the same identical problem '" that was repaired less then 4 months ago.
2. That part and repair alone should still be under warranty.
3. Seems to me that this 'color wheel assy.' could be a defective.
4. I've only started searching the Internet to see if I could find other issues related to the same 'color wheel assy.' or searching blogs to back that theory.
5. NOT PAYING YOUR AUTHORIZED REPAIR CENTERS FOR WARRANTY WORK COMPLETED.
So, after that call to RCA/THOMSON INC., on 02/06/2008 I decided to call Wal-Mart in Bentonville, Arkansas at the 800.925.6278 number for a few reasons:
1. See what they could do for me; focus on being refunded for the TV.
2. Make sure Wal-Mart is aware that RCA is not paying an AUTHORIZED REPAIR CENTERS '" meaning that a small local business here in the Hendersonville area has been affected in the matter of $330.00, and let alone any Wal-Mart customer that buys a RCA could have difficulties with repairs. AND YOU CAN TELL BY THIS EMAIL, I WILL MAKE SURE SHOPPERS IN THE ASHEVILLE/HENDERSONVILLE, AND THE SURRONDING AREAS WILL BE ALERTED TO THIS ISSUS.
To my surprise, my calls to Wal-Mart did not go well either'..
1. My first call was on 2/6/08, with Dawn Copper '" she took all this info, and said she would have a member of management phone me back within 48hrs. Well I gave it a little longer, waited a week, still no call.
2. My second call, on 2/13/08, with Michelle Zimmerman - First I asked why no one had called me back, and she OF COURSE APPLOIGIED, and said she couldn't answer that for me, and continued to informed me (AND REMEMBER THIS IS ONLY WHEN I CALLED BACK) that the management team needed an RCA case number. I asked her if someone was going to call me to ask me for that and of course she couldn't answer that either. But don't worry, I'm on the case, and you can see that I take very detailed notes. So I had to hang up, phone RCA again, and get the CASE #, and return a second call to Wal-Mart that same day. THAT CASE NUMBER BEING # P1DQ2P1DQ
3. My third call, on 2/13/08, with Jennifer Garnier. On this call I asked for a supervisor. I informed Jennifer of the previous calls, and that I was calling back with a case number. I wanted to hear the APPLOIGIE again from a Supervisor for the first call first not being retuned within 48hrs, and second, why someone didn't call me to ask me or tell me that the management team needed this Case #. Well I got just what I wanted, 'I can't answer that, I'm sorry, and I'll see to that the department receives the case # and note the account that you are expecting a return call', but she could not promise a call back in any time frame.
Well here I am '" the 21st of February, a good 7 business days to do some research and get back to me '" and no calls!!!!!!
I'm not sure what I expect at this time! A refund of the cost of TV, the repair to be done at no charge, a phone call from SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Silver MemberUsername: Ovadoggvo
Post Number: 227
I'm sorry to inform you that RCA is discontinueing support for their DLP tv sets. We are a local servicer and they are refusing warranty claims for even under-warranty customers. We are forced to source parts outside of RCA/Thomson and charge our customers in order get them at least a working TV. They then try to take the bill up with RCA.
Both Partstore and Discount-Merchant carry RCA Parts. Partstore is a dropseller for the manufacturer so I don't know how much longer they will support parts for RCA DLP tv's either.