LZMA --PUFF bin

Bronze Member
Username: South2

Post Number: 71
Hi guys,

What is this LZMA bin? I hve been reading about it on different sites. Any advantage over the current PUFF version? Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Juancho

De los cerros mas alto..., BINDURABLE.

Post Number: 2615
It's a lot better than the regular PUFF bins, do you want to use, I could give to you boot Lzma o Izma boot, because that name is at the modds. no big deal convert to Lzma, I have a 256 Izma bin working on my STB FLU since yesterday.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 14751
fwank7

First off Lzma has more bin code space room then original PUFF.
Lzma runs at 352k out of 448k and PUFF is 404k out of 448k
No there is no time frame as PUFF bins have plenty of room for now but things could change easily.

I think Ukronic was saying if trying out the Lzma bins it's better to have Jtag experience as it is fairly new and like everything else anything can happen.
Jtag is not required to load any of the bins.

PUFF actually has been tested for awhile.

I have no problems doing the PUFF and the Lzma bins but I will definatley drop the b75 bin.

I am sure someone will continue the b75 bins for a bit but now it's starting to get to confusing for some with all the bins.

Just make sure you know what bin is what and know when you see Lzma in a bin name it is not a BackGround image.

I personally would wait for Jvvh to say whether to stick with PUFF or Lzma as these are all his projects, but if PUFF is working good then stay with it or switch it is up to you as I have no issues with either.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jvvh5897

I never thought all the compression forms would be out at once--definately something that causes confusion!! But I think the goal is experimentation and having a choice leads to that. I'm still a fan of the gzip compression (puff) because it extracts faster than the lzma and is slightly easier to create bins with (I just use 7-zip to compress in gzip format, for lzma I have to use a program that came with the 7-zip SDK for lzma). (I wonder if rar compression programs will create lzma in the right format--rar uses lzma compression).

Anyway, I say use what works for you, use what you are comfortable with, and learn--there are far too few folks doing the work at coding level. Remember that the pansat 2500 is no longer a directly supported box, the modified 2700 bins are one way to keep the boxes running, but odds are good that something else will have to be done and the fewer workng to learn, the lower the chances that anything can be done.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 9316
The coders could do well to do coding and leave the compression techniques to others.
Unfortunately none of the coders want to dig into the code and reduce the size.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14766
U tell em nalin..U know more than these coders...lmao

Gold Member

Post Number: 9336
According to jvvh and Fwank7, as of now there is no particular advantage of LZMA over the no-LZMA PUFF.
The PUFF-LZMA AND THE PUFF-NON-LZMA BINS - modifications of the 257 are out at:
[link removed]

Gold Member
Username: Juancho

De los cerros mas alto..., BINDURABLE.

Post Number: 2623
The advantage of Lzma-Puff over regular PUFF
bins are: first, 20%/ gain with this kind of compression, second other uses still to comes.
the modificacions that you posted are for tester only,
they are remote issue still to works it out.
Bl changed the remote code in bin 257,
your opinion about" Unfortunally none of the coders want to dig into the code and reduce the size" is baseless. Are you talking with someone from that group of coders?.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14775
nalin is a schizo who is a NEWBIE...she don't know jack!

and the 2 coders above already answered this lzma- puff isssue...they suggest using puff for now, unless U can Jtag a receiver

Gold Member

Post Number: 9344
Please NOTE that this is NOT LZMA

For Pansat 2500/FLU new conversions and converted to 2700
Use only on unconverted 2500/FLU or converted receivers.
DO NOT USE ON Genuine Pansat 2700 or on Pansat 2700 clones

Everything you need for 2500/Flu to 2700 conversion in one package.
Instructions included. Either b75 (256) or PUFF (257)
http://public.box.net/2500_full_kit
You must select whether you want to have the old b75 files or the new PUFF files.
If you have b75 boot, you must convert to PUFF boot to use PUFF BINs.

Read the instructions properly in the section you have chosen.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us