CW-600s premeum NEED GUID LINE

Username: Salman91

Post Number: 2
I bay New Cw-600s premeum digital satallite receiver. I try to put new bin 1.75 first time in my new receiver by loder 1.06. but i am not sucesses. any expert guide me about the new recever.IS IT TRUE BEFORE NEW BIN , PUT FACTORY BIN . ALSO I USED LODER 1.04, 1.06, 1.07 BUT ITS NOT WORKS . I FIRST PRESS AND HOLD FORANT POWER SWITCH THEN I ON THE REAR SWITCH, BOOT HOLD, THEN I CLICK START BUTTON ,aLSO SET COM 1 DOWNLOAD S/W .
PLEASE HELP. ALSO I USED RS 232 CABLE BEFORE I USED SAME CABLE ON FORTEC STAR LIFE TIME .

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 822
ok buddy,

first off u dnt need to load factory bin. just need 1.75
next turn ur receiver on and connect the rs 232 cable. Then press the power button on ur receiver so the front display can look like this --:--
then open up the loader (1.06 is fine) and pull in the bin. then click start and it should start loading bin into receiver

Bronze Member
Username: Ez2ctv

Platinum Mem...

Post Number: 58
You need a NULL MODEM cable (RS232 Null) for the CW 600 series (s & S Premo) NOT straight thru that the fortec star ultra uses.

Either get a new NULL modem cable or a gender changer from Rat Shack.

Also some excellent "HOW TO's" for all CAPTIVE WORKS boxes and best support can be obtained at [link removed]

Gold Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 1315
The Proper way to CW600S/P "Standby Mode" and "Upgrade Procedure" for dummies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all of you CW600S/P owners/newbies out there, after many hours of research and experience, it occured to me that there wasn't enough details in the setup procedures for newbie's posted in the forums including the "How To Guides," much of the information in the forums don't even specify if it's for a "Regular" or "Premium" model, this is where mistakes are made so I wanted to share the details with you who may have questions, doubts and fear of screwing something up. I too was scared when I first set out but it's very simple once you get the hang of it!

I own only "Premium" models but have noticed that there isn't much difference between the two except for certain features such as memory capacity, channel and satellite info capacity and maybe some other small features. The basics of the "Upgrade" procedure should apply to either model.

The latest Loader program v1.06 should work for either model. Always take caution when selecting files to download and install, if you aren't sure, it's time to take time and do your homework, read, read and read before proceding, make sure to post questions in the appropriate forum pertaining to your specific question otherwise you may not receive an answer. You should be able to find an answer to nearly every question by reading the posts.

Read these instructions carefully, follow them step by step and you should have no problems.

A/V= "audio/video" (typically RCA type color coded component cables)
STB= "set top box" (satellite receiver of any kind)
LNBF= "low noise block feedhorn" (refers to commonly used Ku-Band devices)
PC= "IBM compatible computer" (laptop or desktop)
Null Modem= "serial cable that has wires crossed over"

NOTE:
Always do the upgrades/downloads/uploads with the lnbf coax cable disconnected from the receiver, "when the lnbf coax cable is disconnected, it provokes the receiver to the proper standby mode "--:--"
.....not the "BOOT" mode, unsatisfactory results may occur using the "BOOT" mode.

You only need one file to make this box work, use the latest/current "bin" file available. Keep it simple and take your time! Many people make mistakes by downloading the wrong files that belong to other models, if this happens, you may render the receiver useless, permanently! Make sure you use the proper file for your "regular" or "Premium." They are different and will NOT work if the wrong file is downloaded to the STB.

To begin, do a "factory default" first, this is done in the receiver's onscreen Menu (must be connected to TV to see what you're doing), next, turn off STB and then power off at the back panel switch. (always make A/V and coax connections/disconnections to TV and satellite receiver with them unplugged from power, otherwise may cause damage to receiver and/or TV, the receiver power switch on back panel is sufficient to power off.) Now disconnect all TV A/V, coax and/or AC-3 Dolby optic cables from TV, etc. except for the null modem serial cable which connection is made in the next step.

With PC off/shut down, connect the serial/modem cable,,,only null modem cable should be connected from receiver to pc at this time, (serial /modem cable connections and disconnections should always be made with the pc turned off, otherwise it may damage the resource chip on motherboard) now start up the pc and open the loader program and have the proper "bin" update file and com port selected (in this order)....double check the com port settings for both the pc and the loader before proceeding to download (com ports should match, i.e.; com1 to com1 or which ever one is set for usage by your pc), if you are not sure, you can check it in the "Windows Device Manager."

Now turn on the STB power from back panel switch, wait for it to completely boot up, give it adequate time, it should default to the time display; "12:00" or "0000", then press the power button on front panel and it should go right to the standby mode "--:--". then start the download process by clicking "Start" in the loader program. It should work flawlessly. Let it complete the process until it displays "-end" then turn off STB by back panel power switch, close the loader program and shut down PC, disconnect the serial/modem cable, connect the TV A/V cable and LNBF coax cable from your satellite dish, the dish must already be aimed and pointed to the target satellite or satellites, power up the STB and do another factory default, turn off and power down (switch off) one more time, power back up and begin the setup and sat scans.

In the receiver Menu, under "System Info," verify the new file you just downloaded, it will be listed under the "S/W version" description. Make sure the "Autoroll" feature is set to "on" in the "System" Menu settings, you can also turn "off" the "Key Update Message" in the Menu, otherwise you will see a onscreen message everytime it rolls new keys, you don't want this to happen especially if you are recording.

In the "System Settings" menu, set the "Channel NO." to "SID" so that it can properly identify, organize and number all the channels according to the satellite service provider's channel line up. All the other settings are basic and straight forward, just follow the User Manual that came with your receiver or search the Captive Works forums on this web site for Instructions/How to Guides.

Last, after the setup and satellite scanning, you must "enable the patch," with the receiver and TV on, select a scrambled channel to view, next, on the remote control, press the "F1" button, you will see an "H" on the receiver front panel display, then press the zero "0" button 3 times, you will see the zero's display as you enter them and then you will see a display on the TV screen "Patch Enabled."

By repeating this step, you can reverse the patch to "Patch Disabled."
Just make sure it's "enabled" so that it can decode scrambled channels.

It usually takes a few minutes to roll keys, when it does, the picture will pop up unscrambled and you will be watching TV.

One last thing, after the initial upgrade when the keys roll for the first time, it's been said that you should turn off and reset the STB, turn back switch off, wait a few seconds then turn on and let it boot up. It should come up to the last channel you were just viewing.

That's it, you're done, enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gold Member

Post Number: 1316
i think i told him that at crazyfta yesterday

Gold Member

Post Number: 1317
Receivers that take a Null Modem Cable

Ariza Ultra 400/500/700/Extreme
Blackbird and all Blackbird clones(BOB, Max 1000, Stealth II, MS1000, ,etc.)
Cools*at 4000 Plus
Cooltec
Coship (All)
Digiwave 6800/7000
Dreambox (All)
Lava 2600
Max 2500
Microroyal (All)
Orasat (All)
Pansat 2700
Pansat 3500
Pansat 5000HC(Also can program through USB)
Pantec/Multistar Max (All)
Rex1
Silver bullet/ST 1000/2000
Spacestar DVB500
Stealth 2000a
Techsat
Ultrastar 5000
Viewsat VS2000 Platinum
Viewsat VS2000 xtreme (extreme)

Receivers that Take a Straight Through Cable

Astrovox 2600
Cools*at 4000 Pro
Cools*at 5000 Platinum
Cools*at 6000 Premium
Digiwave Diamond
Extremeview
Fortec lifetime
Fortec Lifetime Ultra
Pansat 2300a/2500a and all clones
Pantec/Multistar MS (All except MS1000)
Pantec MX/Ultra
Skyview 500

Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 01:32 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A

Ariza Ultra 400 - Null
Ariza Ultra 500 - Null
Ariza 700 - Null
Ariza 750 - Null
Ariza Extreme - Null
Astrovox 2600 - Straight DB9

B

Blackbird and ALL Blackbird CLONES - Null
BlueJay2 - Null
Buzz S2010F - Null
Buzz S2010F Plus - Null
Buzz S2020F - Null

C

Captain 7000 Premium - Null
Captian 8000HD - Null
Captain 9000DVR - Null
CaptiveWorks 100R PVR Unit - Null & USB
CaptiveWorks 500S - Null
CaptiveWorks 600S - Null
CaptiveWorks 600 Premium - Null
CaptiveWorks 1000 - Null & USB & ETHERNET
CaptiveWorks 3000HD - USB & ETHERNET
Conaxsat CNX-V1 - Null & USB
Conaxsat Duo - Null & USB
Conaxsat Trio - Null & USB
Coo*lsat 4000 Plus - Null
Coo*lsat 4000 Pro - Straight DB9
Coo*lsat 5000 - Straight DB9
Coo*lsat 6000 - Straight DB9
Coo*lsat 7000 PVR - Straight DB9 & USB
Coo*lsat 8000HD - Null
Coo*lsat 8100HD - Null
Cooltec - Straight DB9
Coship (All) - Null

D

DGStation Mutant 200S - Null
DGStation Relook 400S - Null
DGStation Relook 300SV - Null
Digiwave 5900C - Null
Digiwave 6800 - Null
Digiwave 7000 - Null
Digiwave 7200S - Null
Digiwave Diamond - Straight DB9
Dreambox (All) - Null

E

Eagle Star 2500A - Straight DB9
Ebox Mimic (Viewsat Clone) - Null
Extremeview Magnum XV3300 - Null

F

Fortec 5000v2 - Null
Fortec 5100 Diamond - Straight DB9
Fortec 5100 Plus - Straight DB9
Fortec 5100 Plus+ - Straight DB9
Fortec 5100 Ultra - Straight DB9
Fortec 5400 NA - Null
Fortec 5400 - Null
Fortec 5600 Plus - Straight DB9
Fortec 5600 Ultra - Straight DB9
Fortec 5600v2 - Null
Fortec ALPHA - Null
Fortec BETA - Null
Fortec LIFETIME - Straight DB9
Fortec Lifetime Classic NA - Null
Fortec Lifetime Classic - Null
Fortec Lifetime Diamond - Straight DB9
Fortec Lifetime ULTRA - Straight DB9
Fortec Lifetime Ultra Diamond - Straight DB9
Fortec MAGIC - Straight DB9
Fortec MERCURY II - Null
Fortec Platinum NA - Null
Fortec PLATINUM - Null
Fortec Ultimate - Straight DB9

L

Lava 2600 - Null
Lava 3200 - Straight DB9
Lava 3500 - Null

M

Max 2500 - Null
Megasat (All) - Straight DB9
Microroyal (All) - Null
Mvidea FS 4000 - Null

N

Neosat Lite - Straight DB9
Neosat Lite Premier - Straight DB9
Neosat iPro1000 - Null & ETHERNET
Neosat iPro2000 - Null
Neusat SP6000 - Null & USB
Neusat SP6000 Premium - Null & USB
Neusat 9000HD - Null & USB
NFusion Nova - Null & ETHERNET

O

Orasat V3 - Null
Orasat V5 - Null

P

Pansat 200A - Null
Pansat 250SM - Null
Pansat 300A - Null
Pansat 330A - Null
Pansat 500 CI - Null
Pansat 700H - Null
Pansat 1500a - Straight DB9
Pansat 2000V - Null
Pansat 2300a - Straight DB9
Pansat 2500a and ALL 2500 CLONES - Straight DB9
Pansat 2700A/E and MOST 2700 CLONES - Null
Pansat 3500S - Null
Pansat 3500SD - Null & SD CARD
Pansat 5000HC - Null & USB
Pansat 6000HXC PVR - Null & USB
Pansat 9000HD - Null & USB
Pantec/Multistar Max (All) - Null
Pantec/Multistar MS (All except MS1000) - Straight DB9
Pantec MX/Ultra - Straight DB9

R

Rex1 - Null

S

SatCruiser - Null
SatPros DSR500 - Null
Silver Bullet/ST 1000 - Null
Silver Bullet/ST 2000 - Null
Skytech 2700A - Null
Skyview 500 - Straight DB9
Skyview RX600 - Null
SkyView Plus SV-P1000 - Null
Smartwave 2500A-N2 - Straight DB9
Smartwave 2700A-N2 - Straight DB9
Sonicview SV-1000 - Null
SonicView SV1000 PVR - Null & USB
Sonicview SV-4000 - Null & USB
SonicView SV-8000HD - Null & USB
Sonicsat Koolsat - Null
Spacestar DVB500 - Null
Stealth 2000a - Null

T

Technosat 1010 Plus - Null
Techsat - Null
Traxis DBS 1500 - Straight DB9
Traxis DBS 2500 - Straight DB9
Traxis DBS 3500 - Straight DB9
Traxis DBS 4500 - Straight DB9
Traxis DBS 4550 - Straight DB9
Trimax T100 - Straight DB9

U

Ultrastar 5000 - Null

V

Viewsat VS2000 Lite - Null
Viewsat VS2000 Platinum - Null
Viewsat VS2000 Extreme - Null
Viewsat VS2000 Ultra - Null & USB
Viewsat VSPro - Null & USB
Visionsat IV200 - Straight DB9
Visionsat IV300 - Straight DB9
Vortex 2700 - Null
Vortex 3500 - Null
Vortex 7700 - Straight DB9

X

Xrica X-5 - Null
all this info is from crazyfta dot com hope it helps you

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1237
wow bruce you're on the ball this morning LOL good job.

application/octet-streamUpload
info all about Cw.rar (21.6 k)

inside this zip is all you need to know about CW info . PLEASE read and use at own risk. its very helpful stuff.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us