Anik F3 Internationals

Username: Asashoyu

Post Number: 1
If I understand it correctly, we are going to have to switch from 121 sat to 118.8 Anik F3 to continue viewing certain international channels. At least that is what is flashing across the bottom of the channels I watch. Of course nothing is flashing across my t.v. right now because my bins are not working. I have a big dish pointed at 121 right now. I can't remember exactly how big, but much bigger than D@ve or Ch@rlie dish. Can I use this dish or do I need a Dish 500+ or 1000+?

Silver Member
Username: Impala1977

Post Number: 201
I think you can keep the same dish, what you need is repoint kit which you can swap with your existing lnb without moving the dishDo a search on ebay. Upload

Post Number: 2
Oh, I forgot to mention I bought a circular lnb to pull down the Anik F3 bird with.

Silver Member
Username: Vittu

Post Number: 159
Since you were catching 121 and have a big dish :-) Just remove 121 lnb, add 118/119 and move the dish a little to your right (from behind) If facing front, to ur left. Aim for 119 till you get a very strong signal as much as you can. Then scan 118 at 10750 frequency

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the replies. I was curious about the frequency. 10750 is what I had used as the frequency before on 121, but I was unsure if it was still that at 118. I went to lyngsat to try to find out about that too, but got waylaid at work and had to do that. Imagine that working at work! Go Figure!!

Username: Hatima

Post Number: 4
Vittu,

I thought it was the reverse (to the left from behind). Remember it was pointed at 121. Unless you are at the south part of the globe :-)

Silver Member
Username: Madflea168

Post Number: 235
10750 is for 118 as well.

I had a little trouble to get it, some said add a new sat, some said use 119, but I end up use 121 to get it work. either way, you will need to add tp 11715 to it before you do the scan.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us