Check this out

Bronze Member
Username: Bushdaman

Post Number: 96
this is a c/p that i think is interesting read.
IMHO:
this is not good and could possibly be why some boxes are not up today.

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:25 pm:
This is for people that don't understand what the GPL means and trying to make private threats like what this guy did.

kabulistan wrote:

Since you refuse to release the source and you have taken what is 99% GPL coding and sold it to captive works, I will take it upon myself to contact the proper authorities and have you shut down, be it DISH and BEV security, FBI cyber crimes or any other proper authority. If i don't see source code for the current release "dirty fix" freely available within 24 hours, i will go ahead. This is your final warning!

Reply:

Quote:

If you want the source code, you can do the same thing brokenbrainedphil did and make a request for it and it'll be provided when I get around to it. You're worst than he is, as you fail to see that previous versions have always included the source and this will be no different. If you want to fix it, there's nothing stopping you as the fix isn't dependent of what I did.

You need to give credit to other coders, as they are smart enough to figure out the fix for themselves, with or without the information I already gave out publicly about the MECM. Dreambox/CaptiveWorks did their own work and the only ones with the source code are the same people that maintain the GPL'd code.

Take your GPL bashing elsewhere, as you clearly do not appreciate its meaning and only try to abuse it for your own personal gains and for those you work for. You need to look at who you work for, as they are clearly in violation of the GPL as they will not release the code that they've copied from the previous releases.

If you're interested in the code, you need to make a request for it before you can claim a violation. If the code isn't given out after a request is made, it becomes a violation. The code does not need to be given out immediately and there cannot be any money exchanged other than the cost incurred from the delivery of the code.

If you want to make a request for the recent dirty fix, feel free to and it will be provided to you in a reasonable amount of time.

just a note:
dvb-s testers have been the reason we have had fixes over the last few weeks

Bronze Member
Username: Klondike_kike

Post Number: 70
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Tigger_woods

2008 RESOLUTION, I WILL BE NI...

Post Number: 339
Very interesting!!! I saw another one yesterday that suggests most of the fixes are paid for, suggesting that many pay for fix and on top of that try to take credit for it as well.

Silver Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 581
Guys,
we were trying to help this thing,but it turns out it is a F#cking guy.posing as a fudi
Ghazala Go Screw yourself,whoever you F@cking are,and don't bother ask for any help.khote

Silver Member
Username: Pulp_fiction

Post Number: 895
Very interesting!!! I saw another one yesterday that suggests most of the fixes are paid for, suggesting that many pay for fix and on top of that try to take credit for it as well.

U have to be the most ignorant azzhat second only to the king of them all LK I swear u must be related... It's hard to phantom there could be more then one superazzhat gene pool...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us