Lost key codes! How to with HEX for vs2.6key

Bronze Member
Username: Memece3

Post Number: 15
I am trying to install a new key file. Can you do that? If so how? That'swhy I can't get this file working, I think. Somehow when installing the first time, it deleted all keys except for 42r and polsat. so I deleted all keys until it said unknown. Then loaded fatory, then new file. Now have only 00 and 01 for d*ck. No 06 no bev or anything else.
I tried doanloading the vs2.6 key and made a .HEX file. Tried to upload likea regular bin file and never could get to take hold and start uploading.

On the other hand I have a brand new, untouched PVR 7000 and tried to hook it up and download ( same procedure for uploading) with STB to PC all setings and culd n ot get ti to do that either.
So what I am thinking is to setup the new one with an old file, then try downloading the info after that
My questions are?

What is the best way to get the key info back?
Should the PVR 7000 accept a HEX file? If so What loader should I use? I saw somebody on another site took his key info from his ultra and uploaded them to his pvr and got his keys back.
What is the procedure for saving the info from the STB to PC?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
sorry working with VS pvr 7000.

Gold Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 1631
Bill Jackson,

I saw you asking the same exact question at DSS World. Look, I am NOT a Viewsat Professional and that's why I am searching other websites so I can give you some guides. Have some patience ... otherwise .... ppl here will NOT help you ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Here is the answer and it works perfectly in case anyone else needs it. TV started working immediately.

VSKey 2.6 FINAL - Comprehensive Instructions

- Make a new folder. i.e.: c:> vskey
- Extract the contents to a folder c:> vskey
- Run the executable (VSKey2.6.exe), copy and paste a shortcut to your desktop, if you want.
- Set your time zone > menu > tools > time zone, or ctl-t, i.e.: GMT -5 EST
- Press the 'get keys' button
- Press F7 to get the DN 01 06 (extra key)
- Press get keys
- Press save
- Press F8 to get the B3V (extra keys)
- Press get keys
- Press save
- Press create opkey
- The newly created opkey.hex will be found in c :>vskey
- The *.hex will look like this... 'mm-dd-2007_opkey.hex'
- Cut and paste it to your thumb drive (USB device)
- Does work for other units i.e.: softcam, or units requiring RS 232 connection
- Install it same as a *.pgm on your VSU, takes about 1 sec. to install
- Your VSU will reboot
- This process sounds more complicated than it is!
- Once VSKey is installed, the whole process - start to finish - takes less than a minute!
- Watch TV!

BTW - if you get a missing files message, do the following > go to the install dir. and dbl. click on 'SetupCheckerV2.exe' the missing files will be automatically installed.

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2305
you may need to reboot the host computer if you are having trouble getting the host computer to upload to a receiver.If you have not tried rebooting do that now
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us