Help with VS Ultra and Channel Scans / List

Username: Eelz

Post Number: 3
I have a VS Ultra and testing B3V. When I first hooked it up I did a scan, I got a bunch of channels but were missing about 1/3 of them. I also have a VS Platinum so have good idea what channels should and should not be there. Then I tried re-scanning now I have duplicates of the same channels which is a pain in @ss when using the guide etc as everything is listed twice.

Two questions: How do I just erase all my channels, start from scratch and scan a new list. AND how do I scan or get aDownload of a full B3V channel list?

If someone has a B3v channel list for the Ultra that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1467
A few questions, Does the plat have all the channles?
Does the Pro use the same type of channel list?

If so transfer the list from the Plat to the PRo....

We have been hearing all night about the PRO losing channles-transponders......

Another way to fix...make sure you have all the tranponders in the PRO and rescan or, does the PRO still blind scan? If so Blind scan it..

Silver Member
Username: Steph_raven

Cartier is my boy toy!..., U wanna play... Canada

Post Number: 209
blind scan creates duplicates....do factory default then a autoscan. i just did cuz i was having a different problem but the last autoscan i did, i had 408 channels on 91

Gold Member

Post Number: 1470
Welp I think with all these users having trouble you will have to eather take the list off the receiver to a computer and edit it or live with it for a short time. I am SURE their will be anew bin for that receiver with all these problmes....

Post Number: 4
Actually my problem arose about a month ago when I got the Utlra. I have not tried to fix the issue until now. I have just been putting up with all the duplicates in my list.

Yes the Platinum gets all the channels. But the Ultra is not getting them all. I am pointed at B3V not DN.

Can anyone confirm if the lists are compatible? And how would I get the list from the Platinum to my computer? I tried to do a STB --> PC in Loader2 but that gave me errors.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1474
Its a little tricky to get a file from the receiver but can be done...

Must be able to have the receiver connected to a TV and the Computer Same time...

after conecting the receiver to the computer and tv turn on the receiver....hit menu, system information, receiver upgrade, move down to CHANNEL hit your ok buttion....a process bar will apear.....then on your computer open the loader and hit the STB--PC buttion the transfer will start......after both are done you can do the factory reset on the receiver then proceed with installing the newest bin . Then simply put the channel list back in the same way you do a bin file......here is a copy and paist of instructions for that...

LOAD VIEWSAT:

To load latest new program bin file

Connect a NULL MODEM cable (pins 2&3 cross) between the ViewSat and your PC. NO POWER to ViewSat yet.

Open "Loader2

Click "Open Files"

Browse to directory holding "Latest Program Bin.PGM", Click on it to "OPEN"

Click PC-->STB on your computer screen; then Power "ON" your ViewSat electric power (ON/OFF switch Platinum; plug in Black). You should see the File loading properly.

WARNING: DO NOT POWER VIEWSAT OFF UNTIL TOLD!

After file transfer is completed, the Front Panel will display: "inst" for 15 seconds while the software is being installed "DONE" for 10 seconds while the ViewSat does housekeeping chores next, the ViewSat automatically reboots.

The display will read "on" and when the reboot is complete, "0000?

You may NOW turn "OFF" the ViewSat and connect it to your TV and satellite dish cable

To load, sat file, channel list or Opkey. Follow the above procedure clicking on each file. The loader will put them in the proper place.

Post Number: 6
Thanks for the help. I will have to try this later when I can get the Receiver and Computer together.

Until then, Is there anyone out that that has or knows where to download a channel list for B3V?

Please help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us