Is it possible to hook two receivers from different companies up??

Bronze Member
Username: Sana_banana

Post Number: 14
I have two dishes outside, got them hooked up by someone to a coo lsat 7000. For international and american. If I were to get another receiver can it be a diff brand? and if so how were to I go forth doing it?

Silver Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 421
so u mean u wanna add a new reciever sure. u can add any different kind u want .. i would recommend sonic view.. they have good support regarding bin.. u also need a splitter ..so u can watch sat on two tv's

Bronze Member
Username: Sana_banana

Post Number: 15
What type of splitter do I need? and which wire would I split..the one coming in for the main receiver? would it work that way...?

Silver Member

Post Number: 422
no from the dishes ...

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1383
Wow sada Wow

Sonic view is a choice yes..viewsat is the best by far just the fact that the viewsat ID's the sat it is looking at sells most people..but ok....

I would ask what is the budjet for a new receiver? Are you ready to get into the hobby 100% and get FTA channels as well?
FTA Channels are always on, do not require 3rd party bin's and are more FUN LoL Their is more international on FTA than DN.
It is much more enjoyable to ALWAYS have the international channels and not despond on DN programing...

The best set up for FTA is a 31" dish, Motor, and proper lnb for DBS ( dn-bev ) and true FTA ( QTH-031 ).....

Their are 31 sat's out their with programing on them with over 2500 channels you can get with a clear sky and that set up......

Cost is around $150 and set up is very easey most times easer than all the switching required with using 2 dishes to just get a few sat's...

A regular cable splitter will not work with satellite tv it will require a switch that will allow the Signal from your LNB's to be used by 2 receivers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 423
fta tester i said sonic view b.c they got the bin first than viewsat isn't it..

Silver Member

Post Number: 424
and true FTA ( QTH-031 ).....
again what is that is that dish or reciever? what is that?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1385
As was stated all over the nett today.......sonic's are related to viewsat's. They both use the same code from the same coders. Look at it like Chevy is viewsat and Pontiac the sonic --sometimes the same car is released with 2 diferant names. The people resposable for releasing the bin's decided to release the bin's for sonic before a lot of testing was done on the bin's. Vewsat people decided to test further before releasing the bin's. Its as simple as that. Deciding that sonic the copy of Viewsat's is better based on the fact that the bin's were released 1 hour earler is silly.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1386
Google qth-031 and you will find out.

It is a new LNB great for FTA and DBS

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Dude123

Post Number: 1388
Its absolutely true what TFT just have said.....

My number 1 choice for receiver would be Viewsat Ultra

Gold Member

Post Number: 1390
Thanks "the one"

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us