FTA Receiver

Username: Bewolf

Post Number: 8
I have an old 2500a. I've been thinking of upgrading to the PS 250s. But have heard that it has quite a few bugs. What FTA receiver provides the biggest bang for the buck?

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 5430
Situation is extremely fluid. There was a firm recommendation in the past, but now you should wait before deciding.

Post Number: 9
Still doing my homework. What would you have recommended pre-ECM?

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1166
W.C.,

I have Pansat 3500sd and a viewsat plat.

I like the viewsat's a little better due to them IDing the sat they are pointed at. It makes pointing the dish easer and useing them every day mare enjoyable. A example once I was at work and the wife called and said the channels were all on autoroll...I came hame and all it was was the pansat was trying to use the wrong antenna to see that sat. You see if the pansat IDed the sat it was looking at the wife would have known that was the the trouble.....so I like the viewsat better for that reason.....also it seams to me the vewsat's can handle the motor better..the pansat never could reamber the settings...

Just my thoughts on the matter..

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 5452
I was recommending Sonicview 4000 or Viewsat Ultra in the past. I was also recommending CaptiveWorks 600P for people on a budget. None of these are my current recommendation.

Post Number: 10
Any of the HD FTAs worth the bother?

Silver Member
Username: Pannu16

Post Number: 598
wats goin on??

Silver Member
Username: Oleg1474

New port richey, Fl Usa

Post Number: 436
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 06:53 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Folks as of 12/01/07 there are lots of channels that are down like ppv and adults etc. on dn and bev. There are some channels still up on dn and bev like A&E and LMN etc. Please do not start numerous posts about this problem. Go to the file section for your receiver and check to see if there is a new file out and if not then we will just have to be patient and wait. The coders are working hard to come up with a fix for this problem. As soon as new fixes come out they will be posted ASAP. Also please do not post questions in the file section about where are the new bins because they will only be deleted. Like I said before if a new bin comes out we will get it out ASAP. Thanks.

Just a little foot note. In the summer of 2006 most receivers were completely down for almost two months or better before a fix came out at the time. The only thing we could get was local channels so it is always good to have a back up if possible which for me is digital cable. You just never can tell how long something like this may last. (EURO666/ECU12-01-2007)

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us