Older receivers

Silver Member
Username: Ajdarwin

Post Number: 243
I have a question concerning older receivers, maybe 4 or five years old. Which ones use the st5505 processor. It was the one used just before the 5518. Thanks for your help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 244
Also any receivers that use the st5500 chip

Silver Member
Username: Space_invader

Andromeda M31

Post Number: 196
Do you need the box or just the board?
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 245
Actually, I have a receiver, but no software for it. One is a 5505 and the other is a 5500 chip.

Silver Member

Andromeda M31

Post Number: 197
Well... The receiver is from my neighbor... His chip says STi5500MVB-X / GUI-TH3V690 / TT22W0018 / Made in Korea / ST ... He was telling me that it does not work (just stopped for no reason!), and he has tried to fix it with no result... He also has another receiver with the same processor, but it's from Dish... It is an old 3800 model, and he tried to load the pansat software on it with no results either... I do know that the Dish 301 receiver has the 5518 chip, but I am not sure if he tried to fix it by converting it to a pansat... I do remember that you need to program and unlock the plastic card and the receiver to make it work (and insert a blocker inside), if it is a Dish... In your case, I think that there is no more support for your receiver... I do encourage you to buy a new receiver, like a VS Lite or c00lsat 6100 that are easier to work with...

Silver Member

Andromeda M31

Post Number: 198
The receiver does turn on and off, but there is no audio or video from it... The picture above is from a Chinese site, but my neighbor's receiver is very, very similar to this one... I will latter talk to him about the issue...

Silver Member

Andromeda M31

Post Number: 200
Hey, Joe... Can you provide me with the receiver serial number and part number that is on the back... With this I can get more information about any possible fix for the receiver... But I cannot asure you anything...

Silver Member
Username: Dr_dss

Post Number: 405
Do a search for a site called something like aussie tech. I kind of remember them having a lot of information on older STB's. It's unlikely you will find anything with a current emu for DN or b3v but you might get a factory bin for FTA

Silver Member

Post Number: 246
Thnaks guys, What I have is an ADTH 8009ir receiver that I would like to use with my Physics students. We are working on a section that ties lenses, space, and direction into one package. The idea is to give them a working receiver and the dish, lnb, etc and ask them to find a particular channel, NASA for example. I have a Fortec Lifetime Ultra I use at home, but I found this receiver at Flea Market cheap. I had hoped I could update the software to make it usable with my students. I am a Math and Physics teacher at my local high school.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us