Dish network upgrading their technology

Bronze Member
Username: Coolgoose

Post Number: 35
Have any one seen the message in some international channels "Dish network is upgrading their technology. So please upgrade your receiver".

Is it a new upgrade that dish network is planning? If thats the case will it affect FTA??

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 12479
there's a rev 10C in the stream...it only applies to plastic now...

Username: Darthhater

Pleasantville, Deep,Deep South USA

Post Number: 10
What ? Kings prediction's may come true ?

Username: Hott_justin

Post Number: 3
what would it do to our cards?

Bronze Member
Username: North_of_ontario

Post Number: 49
read my lips,......"no biggie"

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1531
Why?
Do yo think I'm a sorryass...just full of it?

I said October didn't I?
It was just a guess...

When yo see hardware exchange request
This is the sign for the big one is coming.

They'll start with the international 61.5
Shortly after the American Broadcast
I wish I'm wrong but I do see something is cooking.

Bronze Member
Username: Darthhater

Pleasantville, Deep,Deep South USA

Post Number: 13
I haven't heard of any card ,or hardware upgrade,but it can't be the end yet. The fat lady hasn't sung .

Silver Member
Username: Tigger_woods

Flutopia

Post Number: 138
Not to worry...we have 1-2 years at the earliest. I fell for it a month ago when they said the new rev was the end. Never again!!

BTW I do not know what I am talking about, but neither does anybody else here.

We got about 2 years, thats a life time for free tv.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12510
maple's right...it is no biggie...

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1533
Less than a year
Few days to few weeks
It took them long enough
I don't know what the delay is for
They got both streams going side by side since early 2007

Bronze Member
Username: Coolgoose

Post Number: 36
Lk are you sure the message I saw in DN was of the rev 10C in the stream. I saw the message in two international channels in 121.

I read a different post in this site which said DN is going to change all subscribers from 121 to 118.7 and so 121 wont be available after March 2008.Is it true?

If its true then may be the message I saw in 121 about the upgrade could be related to this change.

Username: Jokerbluh

Post Number: 6
Hello I am amd aka Jokerbluh Admin from Marketrealm.

Those who state new rev10c in the stream. Will you post your stream log so we know this for sure and I can verify :-) Also guys if new rev comes no biggie. New freeware / private blocker will be released and yee haw your back. Dont get worried. As people state 2 years is a good estimation. They havent but if they ever start a full blown card swap once they announce it. it will take arounda year to swap out all of the cards !!

Regards,

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 1051
Oh hell no King... U staked ur reputation on it... remember?? No I thinks, no I guess... OCTOBER my friend... dont make me go find it again...
I always said not till a card swap (hardware change)
U say no, no.. Oct
I cant let u off that easy... u lost ALL credibility. U may know about video, but u know what EVERYONE else knows ... It wont last forever, but it will till a card swap.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrcharley

Port norris, N.j. U.s.a.

Post Number: 86
ATT is currently trying to buy echostar. They are in no position to upgrade equipment.(lost a 100 million copywrite infringement lawsuit to tivo) plus they are not picking up new subscribers to finance an upgrade currently. My guess is we are safe for now. will do what Dave did for a long time and throw ecm's that are no problem to counter. ROCK ON

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1056
Yeah, but if they can shut down pta FOR SURE and for a long time... they will pick up MANY new/old customers, plus a lot of upgraded packages. IMO
Love the animation!! Fire, fire, fire

Username: Jokerbluh

Post Number: 7
Good luck on that dantetn. if dish does anything like bev when the 10c does come down everyone will laugh. So far I havent been impressed with 248 and if you dont know much about bev its basically sister company thats smaller they do everything there first less subscribers etc then dish follows suit :-) So 10c is going to be like 248 - bullsh*t. I am not an fta fans by know meens I wish they would shoot the sh*t down but I dont see 10c affecting fta to shut them down longterm. There best luck is to win suits against fta companies in courts if they can. Although if they do it will be like loaders and sh*t still be around just not in a flashy f*ck you way :-)

Regards,

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12532
Dishnet rev. 10C is here

It is now spooling in the stream but not globally.

let the fun begin

I was told that a few ago and checked,, Fun time all over again

The update is not globally spooling yet, most likely they are testing it internally. When they are happy and confident they will unleash it on us.

I think we have some time and some coders are saying they can get a fix for it pertty quick they were pulling it in and out of the stream so im guessing there messing up allot of subs wich is good for us but then again this is always a cat and mouse game and were usaully the mouse.

This will be No biggie..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1059
Joker... I am not saying that anything is gonna happen at all, u cant read one post and understand what is being said, u will have to read the whole thread...

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1538
These revisions are no biggie
It may shut down PTA for few days
Cause mass hysteria

Doing so during football, hockey and basketball season can be a calculated strategy
Few thousands repent for legit subscriptions

I still think a bigger black out in the development stages underway lurking to unleash an attack.
I don't know what it is but it is real
By DN alone
It is a poker game.
We don't know their covered cards

Why can't we negotiate a deal with these suckers?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us