Direct TV

Username: Cmoiles

Post Number: 1
Anybody know the answer to this question?
Can I take a card from a direct tv reciever that is from an account in Baltimore and swap it with my Card which is registered in WV(DC Local Channels) and get my Baltimore Local Channels in WV?

And if anyone knows when the hell is Direct Tv going to get all the HD channels they promised us?

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10904
No U cannot "swap" cards....each card is "married' to the receiver it was activated in...and if U could "swap", U still wouldn't get locals from another area, cause the locals are all "Spotbeamed " to the card at which place it was activated and married"...U can get a DTV ACTIVATED receiver AND card from another location and all channels will work, but U will NOT get their locals or regional sports in your different geographical location due to this "spotbeamed" signal...

Call DTV, if U want DTV HD info...

Username: Cmoiles

Post Number: 2
Could you explain Spotbeamed or hit me with a link I could read up on it. I am actually closer to Baltimore MD then DC. Which is why I dont understand this. I have guys I commute to work with who live 10mins max from me who get local Baltimore Stations.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10910
spotbeamed simply means that the locals are sent ONLY to a certain small geographical spot/area...and not sent nationally...if your neighbors have DTV and Baltimore locals, well so will U, if U have an activated DTV card and receiver, that was ACTIVATED from your house...it it was activated in Texas or someplace else, then U will NOT get ANY locals...the card has a "locals " byte that is embedded now into the card from wherever it was activated, and U cannot change it..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us