A question concerning receivers

Silver Member
Username: Ajdarwin

Post Number: 229
I have just checked on the cost of receivers that I had thought to be out of my range. One that had sold for 400 dollars now sells for @ 110 dollars. Others have had the same price drop. Is something going on that I am not aware of? I have been out of the loop here, but I have stayed current, I thought, at other forums. I figure if anyone has the scoop on this, someone here might. I did not mention brand because I am not sure if that is okay here or not. Truthfully I have forgotten. What is essentially a 75% drop in price is significant. I am checking on prices for my school. I hope to set up a system there to pick up NASA, local Univision stations (for Spanish class), etc. Any feedback would be helpful.

Silver Member
Username: Ajdarwin

Post Number: 230
I just dug back far enough to find out about a rumored ECM. That could definitely explain the price drop. I don't think the machines I checked were faster than 200 mhz. It may be an unloading of product in anticipation of termination of service. Well, I want it for FTA, not FTV, so it's all good. Makes a lot of great equipment available for us at a low price.

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1166
Could be dealers just trying to unload receivers. So many different receivers in the game now. Always new and improved versions popping up. As far as ECM rumors, they were always floating around.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us