Help with my viewsat platinum "q"

Username: Dirtydeeds

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 6
i seem 2 have a problem with my quality. signal is in th 70's, but my Q just wont go up. so far, ive tried to flush my box to virgin status, played with the dish, made sure all cables were well connect to the lnb. did channel scan, blind scan, u name it. also, ive noticed i get higher "q's" in the vertical pol., the horizontal i get nothing. by the way, i'm on bev... any suggestions would b of help. thanx

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2011
check your lnb/ant settings,and i think your saying ,no switch involved,cable directly into reciever.

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 864
Do you have another receiver that you can hook up and try? Sometimes VS have problem with transistor (Tip42c) that puts out voltage to your lnb and lnb is stuck on only one polarity.

Or, if you don't have another receiver, and you know how to use a voltmeter: put your receiver onto a channel that is on horizontal polarity and measure the voltage on your lnb - the voltage should read 18 volts. If you have 13 volts then your transistor is toast.

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 7
sat: nimiq 1.3 91.0w
lnb power: on
lnb type: standard
lnb freq: 11250
22 khz: off
tp freq: 1222
search option: all
diseqc 1.0: port 1
motor: off
legacy sw: none

also, when i change my tp freq to 12253, i get a solid 45% Q, but of course, i cant save that.

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 8
sorry, was a typo, tp freq is at 12224...

Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 6
kelley, have you verified you're pointing at 91W? In your antenna menu a confirm banner should popup in top right saying what sat you're locked on to.

Also, do you know what type LNB you have there (Legacy or Dishpro)?

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 9
ive never seen a banner like that, but it does not say that im locked on. i have a viewsat platinum lite. and the lnb is a dish.

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 10
oh, i just caught on, its says nimiq 1.3 91.0w

Gold Member

Post Number: 2012
Factory reset,change your freq to 11250,then diseq off[no switch]and autoscan.You have inncorrect settings.Recheck your settings after your scan,make sure there correct not corrupted.

Bronze Member

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 11
autoscan? do u mean a channel scan?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2013
blind scan,auto scan,satscan,channel scan,all good,

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 9
F1 scan on your remote is usually best.
Tp frequency for 91 can be set to 12224. LNB freq is 11250, you have it right. The LNB type is correct if your LNB just says DN digital, if it has a DP logo on it you want to change type in menu to "OSC-DP".

Bronze Member

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 12
tried all those scans, didnt help much. most of the channels i can get are on the vertical polarity. those on the horizontal i cnat get at all...dont kno if it means anything,

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9860
U probably have a Dish pro (DP) LNB...they only receive vertical TP's cause they are stacked and converted..so do as therepo stated in receiver settings..and do a scan too..

BTW...U have MUCH reading to do, which obviously U have not done....go read for about 10-20 hours...

Bronze Member

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 13
its a dish digital lnb, so ive got my setting 2 standard. ill change the lnb 2morow, c if wat that does....

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9862
U are spinning your wheels and going no place...go read, so u will have a clue what u are talking about and what u are doing...reading will save U much time in the long run!

Bronze Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 16
It sounds like DP LNB not set right, but if you can't get horizontal tps/channels, and your LNB does NOT say "DP" on it, you could be suffering signal attenuation somewhere or your stb not putting out the right juice--as suggested above, or even bad LNB.

If you have a really long run from LNB to STB, horizontal signal/18v is prone to fall out. Dishpro LNBs (using bandstacked 13v) can send their signal much further without degradation.

Other than that, if you have a switch connected (you didn't really answer that), bypass it (use double-ended female connector if necessary) so the coax runs straight to your STB. If still can't scan H, check connectors at ends of coax. Corrosion at connection points can attentuate signal, bent wires can cause problems. If you have another cable you could test that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2025
You people just don't get it."kelly" "dirtydeeds" is playin ya !Lk caught on,I caught on awile back but was takin in too.Read between the lines, you will see also.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us