DTV Still on the hunt

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 179
Article from the Valley News Dispatch

quote:

Harrison man guilty of stealing TV satellite signals

A federal jury has ruled a Harrison man was guilty of illegally accessing satellite television programming without paying for it.

DirecTV sued Bruce Figler, 58, a Highlands School Board member, in federal civil court, alleging Figler used unauthorized devices to intercept the company's satellite signals for more than a year.

[ Read Full Article ]

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8844
That SUCKS!...7 years later...wow!...very unusal to go to a jury too ...and also for a $40,000 minimum judgement over a cheap $79 white viper unlooper...poor basta*rd....Dave sucks the big one...I wish we all could hack DTV again, just to bust their balls!

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1052
What is the statute of limitations for this kind of stuff? That is a long time.

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 180
Statute of limitations vary from state to state. But I think most states are 5 years, some at 7. This man had purchased the device in 2000 I think but was found in a home he had sold at a later date.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8856
He got busted because of shipping/purchase records obtained from a busted dealer...and Paypal is notorious for being "overly" co-operative with the authorities, and allowing anybody to see your personal info!..

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 183
Harrison man denies wrongdoing in DirecTV case

quote:

Despite losing a federal civil lawsuit and having more than $70,000 in fines levied against him, Bruce Figler says he didn't do anything illegal.

Figler, 58, of Old Freeport Road, Harrison, spoke out at Monday's Highlands School Board meeting, insisting that losing a federal civil lawsuit brought against him by DirecTV, which claimed that he improperly accessed the satellite TV company's programming without paying for it, is not proof that he violated any law.

[ Read Full Article ] @ Valley News Dispatch

Gold Member

Post Number: 8896
he should have shot the bast*ard...LOL...the scum sucking summons server is probably only making $10-$15 an hour to be an azzhole, but given.. the title of "investigator"

Username: Satscannerr

Post Number: 5
LK dont talk about poeple that make only $10-15 i make the same . Zulu call me and i show you the status of limitation. you can have me without limitation . anything you want . mouahhhh

Gold Member

Post Number: 8898
hell the kids at Mcdonald's and the people at Home Depot make that kind of chump change..but at least thats an "honest" job...not some scum sucking summons server, busting peoples balls for DTV and other conglomerates.....they're as bad as bounty hunters!

Bronze Member
Username: Bjalt

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 88
LK, you sound like you have been on the wrong side of a process service. How else are plantiff's supposed to get a defendant into court? "Oh please mr. plaintiff, I'm suing you would you mind coming to the courthouse as a favor to me?" I'm afraid that approach does not work. As one who has recently gone through a small claims court process as the plantiff I can assure you that process servers are invaluable and make much more than $10 - $15 and hour.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8967
I have NEVER ben served a summons as a defendant!...expert witness and plaintiff yes, hundreds of times as an expert witness!

I find most cops, lawyers and courts to be very fukcked up...at one time I was the commander of the cops (Mp's) and the Jag...

process servers are a joke!...they serve little purpose...in many states U do NOT need to be hand served!...and most servers are stupid and obnoxious with a John Wayne "true grit" attitude!...and they do make peanuts...$10-$15 an hour at MOST!!...many years ago when kids were babies, I did it part time for a week and couldn't belittle myself anymore and quit..they don't do anything but bother people..

Bronze Member
Username: Satscannerr

Post Number: 21
LK you talk too much and you donmt make any sense.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8970
cartier...STFU and drop dead!...your posts are as useless as MJ, your other alias!

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1806
I take "dumb like fox" back.cartier you are a total retard,you think you have anyone fooled?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us