How to remove the extra "0" in front of channles on guide???

Bronze Member
Username: Hemanjoyman

Post Number: 11
I was reading somewhere, I don't remember where it was, but, I remember reading that you can remove the zero in front of the channels in the channel guide. For example, if I am in the guide, viewing the channels, and I select channel 101, the guide shows 0101, how do I change it so it only shows 101?

Silver Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 271
well if you try (Channel Master) you can rename the channels to what ever you would like and make any favorits.. etc... then save your changes . EG; channel "286" is called "REAL" you can rename it to "REALITY" or what ever you like . I would if you chose to use the software ... scan the channels and sats .. save them as they are .. then rename them and save again just incase you are wrong with renaming then you can always but in the first scaned channels and start over.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Yeah, I figured you could do it with channel master, but it's a lot of work to do it like that. I remember reading that all you had to do was change a setting on the receiver or something like that. That would be much easier, but if nothing else, I guess i will just have to do it with channel master.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 274
ok try this ...go to main menu.. channel edit ...push 0000.... look for sort ... then try all the setings in there .. see what one will give you what you want . BTW i am refuring to a FTU reciever .. not sure what receiver you have . but maybe same kinda thing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that....I have the Viewsat 2000 Xtreme.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1370
Put a piece of tape over the first didgit on the led display...lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Never mind, I found the information I was reading about before. It was something totally different. It was about removing the "2" from the Bev channels, and I figured you could do the same by removing the "0" prefix from the channels; I just got it confused because I didn't really thoroughly read it the first time a few days back.

Anyway, I will just have to use channel master.

Bronze Member
Username: Angie_wedgewood

Post Number: 29
Sup Yo where did you get that infomation? I have bev and mine shows up with the extra number. Little help please Would be greatly appreciated.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I got it from totalfta.com. I just typed in "channel pre-fix" in the search function and went through the posts and I found it there.

Check here:
http://totalfta.com/showthread.php?t=26083&highlight=prefix

You need to be a member to read though.

Bronze Member
Username: Angie_wedgewood

Post Number: 31
Thanks Sup Yo, now that I know how to actually do that I have to get my dish working again. Stupid technology. Thanks for posting though!

Bronze Member
Username: Steph_raven

Les Cedres, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 71
Sup Yo, i have vs ultra. when you press the sat button and choose the dish you want the channels for, you will lose the 2 prefix. when you press the sat button, you see nimiq 1.3, echostar, bev package and all sats. well choose the bev or nimiq 1.3. i hope this helps!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
I'm using DN sats, not BEV, and I did choose the DN sats. I don't have the problem with the "2" pre-fix, I just wanted to get rid of the zero preceding the channels in the guide. I will just have to do it using channel master. Maybe your info. will help Angie.

Thanks anyway though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us