BEV and TSN on viewsat Ultra

Username: Jedimastermopar

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, first time posting here. Got my first FTA today. :-) working great accept after I did an auto scan I am missing a few channels, notably raptors tv and TSN? I am running a blind scan right now, but what should I have the freq span set at, I assume 6 but not too sure.

Post Number: 2
NM I got them to work, plyboy, comedy, tsn and raptor are all working now, i noticed others posted they couldn't get them to work.

Silver Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 214
You have Plaboy, ch. 780 working?? Mind telling us what box yur using?

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
woops, sorry, Ultra..

Post Number: 3
umm shows up as 2780 but yah
lick and listen is on right now. :-)

Post Number: 4
actually I am not sure what I did, I started playing around with the satalite frequencies and autoscan settings and changed a few satalites, sorry kinda new to this and I was just messin around then all of a sudden I notcied all the channels I was missing earlier just popped up in the scan.

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
Wow, thx! Its down on all my boxes, at least was.

Post Number: 5
however now the parental controls don't work, if I set them to NC17 everything is blocked at pg level.
ever seen that movie ghost in the machine

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
Use the force, Jedi hehe

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 385
Parantal control won't work if it can't see data subcode . you must be getting the channel via different feed this maybe best chance to get what you are missing but soon this will be off as well. I'm only guessing transponder change. I personally don't have BEV if you don't mind posting TP#. I do have a good idea how this can happen. this is interesting

Silver Member

Post Number: 218
Yes, it is interesting if its really happening. Please post yur sat settings for Nimiq 1, and what TP are you getting Plaboy on. Thx Jedi

Post Number: 6
I was playing around with Nimiq 2 as I for some reason was picking up a decent signal on it. and I tried to run an auto tune on it, but it didn't pick anything up. Then I ran an auto tune back on nimiq1 and thats when everything showed up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 219
There has been others with ultras saying they are getting those channels, which is very interesting! Means VS has the fix for provider 09 05, which IS whats happening, my CW says so!. Good times! hehe

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 386
Not necessary
If it was on namiq1 and he scanned namiq2 it means he picked up different feed and has no data subcode this why his parantal is not working.

If you don't mind please post the TP# and receiver model. I do expect more channels to behave similarly. I DO WANT EVERYONE TO TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY

Silver Member

Post Number: 220
Man, I hear ya. I have been catching up on all my movies last couple days! Nobody worried when Pulse 24 was down either, but a few days later.....

Post Number: 7
How do I get the TP#, and the reciever model number? I should also say that my friend also bought the same ultra when I did and he can't get those stations to work. so I musta stumbled onto something weird.

Username: Hjaved916

High point, Nc Usa

Post Number: 1
i AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY SATELLITE i GO THROUGH THE PROGRAM,AND SET IT UP THEN THE CHANNELS COME UP BUT THERE IS NO PICTURE. IT TELLS ME TO WAIT FOR A PICTURE TO COME UP, BUT NOTHING COMES UP.
WHAT SHALL i Do?

Silver Member
Username: Mc_sunny

Post Number: 960
javed, u need to tell us more info..wut kind of recevier u have and are u talking about dish or bell...Mostly that msg comes when AutoRoll is getting the keys for you, so another word sometime u have to wait more then 10 min..it is good to tell the most info u can

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7082
javed...shut off autoroll and manually input both keys...try that, then reboot receiver with rear swich off/on..

BTW...lose the CAPS...its rude!

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1217
Javed: It won't help just to turn autoroll off and input manually. Turn off autoroll, do set default keys, then shut off receiver with switch on the receiver. Then turn it on and input keys manually, both key 00 and key 01. And if your BIN is more thna six weeks ago, you might as well change the BIN to latest anyway.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7099
Nalin, thats what I just said u stupid MO!...why don't U go critique your IGNORANCE, that should take U a few years!

Gold Member

Post Number: 7100
BTW...U remind me of my kids when they were about 8, IGNORANT and had to have the last word...but a backhand or "the look" would smarten them up real quick,....but they were NOT as STUPID as U!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1220
LK: You are the ignorant clown here and everybody knows that. It seems every time you forget to take your Citalopram, people have to suffer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7104
Nalin...U are a JOKE!...so fukck off and die!

Post Number: 10
just wanted to update this thread with useful info. I have since lost plyboy, as well as the ppvu chanels and the vnus chanels, i only get the venus preview chanel, tsn adn raptor still work.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1222
Jedi: The first thing to do is to turn off the receiver at the back and turn it on after a minute.

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 265
Jedi,

Just to let you know I just looked and all my PPV, Venis, all channels are working on BEV, and DN. I have a viewsat and a pansat both working 100%

May the Force be With You

Gold Member

Post Number: 1223
LK: You have not posted anything useful here, so go and take your citalopram and cool down.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1225
Jedi: Keep you conversation with Jay going - He should be able to help you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
turned off for 2 minutes and turned back on and still same. shoul i delete the channells and do another aotu scan?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
actually while I have guys attention I have a few questions,
What is on if anything nimiq2 thats not on nimiq1?
Should I use autoroll or just type in the keys manually?
Does a blind scan yield any extra channels and if so what should I set the freq jump at?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1227
Nimiq 1 and 2. It is exactly like having 119W and 110W on DN. The do complement each other. Notice that the difference in degrees (82 and 91) is the same. And similar twin LNBs will get you both nimiq 1 and 2

Gold Member

Post Number: 1228
With the latest BIN you should not have to manually enter the keys. There is a problem with manual key entry in BINs that are older than mid-November, and you are better off with the latest autoroll BIN

Gold Member

Post Number: 1229
A blind scan WILL get ALL that is available currently from the satellite you are scanning.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
just to make sure I have the latest bin what should my software version report? And where can I check for bin updates for viewsat ultra's? I have one loaded that my friend emailed me, he had no idea how old it was, but that it worked.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7111
jedi...www.totalfta.com is the HOME site and specialize in Viewsats...don't waste your time here..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1230
Jedi: As you own a Viewsat it is imparative that you become a memebr at
http://www.totalfta.com
Also make sure you read their newbee instructions and keep on posting now and then. There is a lot of reading avaiable there and a lot of help with people being unncessarily rude to you.
Other good sites are
http://www.dssrookie.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Thanks I'll check em out. I am pretty compitent techno wise, just new to it right. I do appreciate the help you guys have given. How often do the keys usually change?

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 266
Jedi,

I second or third that you need to go to www.totalfta.com.

If you have the latest key's all channels will work.
make sure you have the latest keys if you need them i can get them from my receiver for ya. Just let me know.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
better shoot me the keys to make sure. Only able to autoscan 85 channels on nimiq1,3 and 175 on nimiq2, no venus channels, most ppvu, some NHL network channels also missing.

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 268
I made a new thread with the key's for ya they are working on my receiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us