Direct tv

Username: Kemp22

Las vegas nevada

Post Number: 8
do you think direct tv will be hacked in next 5 years,and i would also like to ask why dish has not switched nag stream like dtv as i heard they were going to like 2 years ago thanks

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6913
DN did change Nagravision stream in August 2005 to Nagravision 2...from Nagra 1..

DTV does NOT use Nagravision , but uses another patented but SECRET encryption called Videogard..

DTV getting hacked?...who knows!...we do NOT have crystal balls to read!

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 345
I can break it in less than 30 days
But they will find me

I have no intention and I will never do it
I was about to, but LK discourged me with the legal aspect

I will have a post in few days that if you got some assembly background anyone can but it will not contain step by step like I always do. I can't teach it. But I will give you knowledge you won't find in any place. This knowledge is not less than standard basic concepts.

My best best guesses for the future of FTA
- In less than 18 months DN will switch to a totally differnt security methode.
- Before end of 2007 if not sooner DTV will be more available for HD.

These are just educated guesses
Let's not kid each others these are the good old days but it won't last forever don't set your high hopes and invest in expensive devices

My best advice to DN & BEV there is a simple thing they can do to make it much much harder for friendly users like us but they just can't see it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6920
The best engineers in the WORLD haven't been able to hack DTV, but U can!...gimme a break!....put down the crack pipe!

Bronze Member
Username: Canndy

Www.livefta.com, Www.livefta.com Www.livefta.com

Post Number: 95
King your right but there will always be hackers to hack new systems. Like you mentioned you can hack DTV, in the same way if DN switches over, it will be hacked once again. Who knows.

Regarding HD, in a couple of years, majority of channels will be in HD. It's the future.

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1148
This is all about the $$$$$.

Accessiblity and Vulnerability. DN has been the most accessible and vulnerable and therefor been the one that has paid the price. Not to mention, I have to agree with LK - King if you can crack the code for DTV then I know there are a lot of people that would hire you - And after you are done with that I will sell you the London Bridge! LMAO

Gold Member

Post Number: 6922
BTW...DTV was NEVER hacked!....just simply a backdoor was LEAKED at one time!

Silver Member

Post Number: 346
Come on Lieutenant

What is it you need to fight and win a battle?
Intelligence?

I will give you a sample:
You need to be able to read their service program card and convert to assembly language
You need to be able to write op codes instructions in assembly language in the firmware for your FTA receivers utilizing their conditional access
This is what is in to it. How hard that can be?

It's a back engineering
Do I know Assembly? I will say I'm better than average
There is a lot better programmer than I do. I think I'm OK

PRFRMNJ
Do I sound like I need to work for someone?
I'm just beginning to learn FTA

Do you know what if DTV tell me I can't do it
I will drop my gloves on Monday!!!

I have something will make everyone happy
Just continue to read my posts, share info with each other
I have a lot to loose but maybe someone else got the energy and less to loose

Lieutenant it is not easy but it is not unachievable

Silver Member

Post Number: 347
LK
"The best engineers in the WORLD haven't been able to hack DTV"
What receiver firmware did they try that in?

Just be patient for few days
Continue to read my posts you may not agree with everything I say and I'm wrong few times. Eventually can get it right

Silver Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 201
Quite a backdoor, I hear it was up for over 2 years, more or less??

Gold Member

Post Number: 6933
edenman...it was up for 3-4 years, and it was ONLY a backdoor.. NEVER the source code! ..and the backdoor was leaked by NDS, the card maker then..

Bronze Member
Username: Fortec01

Post Number: 69
wats da point of hacking d.tv when itz basically the same as dn and i was wonderin wat a ISO-7816
is does any1 know

Gold Member

Post Number: 6936
ISO 7816 is an international standard related to electronic identification cards, especially smart cards, managed jointly by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC). It is an extension of ISO 7810.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_7816

For DN plastic its a progranmmer! with that specific chip..

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 359

ISO 7816
Is an International Standard Organization.
Related to electronic identification cards,
especially smart cards.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 360

Hey LK
Sorry about that.When I posted I didn't see you above me.

Gold Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 1027
LK:
Videogard also encrypts other sats that are not DTV's.
Did DTV sold the encryption to them?
And Videogard has been cracked on Europe with some sort of smart hacked card.
Could it be a leak from not DTV but some other Videogard users?
If so, Is that any hope at all?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6946
VideoGuard, produced by NDS, is a digital encryption system for use with conditional access television broadcasting. It is used almost exclusively on digital satellite television (DVB-S) systems operated by News Corporation, which owns the majority of NDS. Its most widely used implementation is BSkyB's Sky Digital (popular in Britain and Ireland) which adopted the system in 1998. Several other broadcasters around the world use the VideoGuard system, including: Viasat (Scandinavia), Sky Italia, Sky Network Television (New Zealand), Foxtel (Australia) and TotalTV (Serbia).

Since the majority of content provided by companies like BSkyB requires subscription, VideoGuard protects that content by encrypting both standard subscription channels and pay-per-view movies and events. Access flags can be downloaded to the subscriber's card either over the air (via 'hidden' channels) or by using the box's built in modem, thereby allowing rapid changing of channel packages and ordering of events.

The VideoGuard system was introduced by News Corporation to replace the analogue VideoCrypt system. To date, the current encryption method has remained secure, although various pay per view flaws have been identified. Even these flaws are related merely to the stb's circuitry, rather than the NDS card. It is suspected that the version initially used by Sky Digital was either insecure or close to being broken, as a software update rolled out to all boxes required replacement of the BSkyB subscriber's viewing card.

Despite being designed to protect pay-TV, VideoGuard is used by BSkyB to encrypt Channel 4, and Five (To prevent these channels being viewed outside the UK for copyright reasons). These channels are free-to-air in the UK, either using analogue PAL or digital terrestrial (DVB-T) receivers, and can also be viewed using any working VideoGuard card from the correct area, even if expired. Until November 2005, all of ITV's channels were also encrypted using VideoGuard, but switched to becoming unencrypted like the BBC's channels. All these channels can also be viewed using the Freesat from Sky product which, due to the availability of inexpensive cards, potentially increases the risk of VideoGuard becoming cracked through experimentation.

To greatly improve security of the Videoguard encryption, News Corporation's encrypted output can only be viewed using a designated Set-Top Box (STB) in which VideoGuard is embedded into the circuitry. Due to News Corporation's control of VideoGuard, it is impossible to get a licenced VideoGuard Conditional Access Module (CAM) for a third-party STB, or to obtain VideoGuard routines for a software CAM. This is seen by many as an example of vendor lock-in, often to protect NewsCorp's preferred suppliers of boxes, eg PACE. In contrast, CAMs and even software CAMs are available for all other encryption systems, including Irdeto, Nagravision and Viaccess. The CAM monopoly may be broken due to Italian inter-operability laws, which are forcing Sky Italia to allow other boxes read their cards for legally acquired services.

Several groups managed to reverse-engineer VideoGuard to the point where a legitimate subscriber's card can be read and utilisted firmware to decrypt only those channels that subscriber is authorised to view. A software CAM emulator for the DreamBox Linux-powered satellite receiver, along with the Dragon and T-Rex Conditional Access modules. However, many broadcasters choose to pair their cards to a specific STB serial number, meaning that a paired (also called "married") card can only be used in a broadcaster-supplied STB, or by using the serial number from said receiver with one of the reverse-engineered solutions.

Silver Member

Post Number: 348
This is all what conditional access mean
The card itself can be read and converted to Hex code. There is something called hashed table and hash value to unlock backdoor. Even if data is hidden it has to come from memory address Rom or Ram don't matter it is got to be binary e.g. must have a hex value and can be fully read. You just need to understand the op code instruction

LK you got a lot more power than I do
Why don't you put together a squad team
Get:

- Card readers
- Convert to assembly
- Assembly programmer that can read op code
- HD DTV receiver with rom card
- Find out what microprocessor it uses
- Learn the op code language
- Post the hashed keys
- Start flashing generic FTA receivers

How hard can all of that be?
Note new DTV HD Receivers must got both QPSK and MPEG-4

The Governor of California says if It can bleed you can kill it
I tell you if it is in binary you can read it in Hex

Silver Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 203
Wow, 3-4 years! My friend must have gotten in late. I kinda didnt believe he was up for 2! thx LK
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us