Dish size for 121 W?

Username: Krishn

Post Number: 7
I want to change one of my satellites from 61.5W to 121W. I am using an 18 inch small dish for 61.5, can I use the same dish and LNB, or do I need a larger dish and a different LNB?

Lyngsat says that both 61.5 and 121 are transmitting in Ku band, my understanding is you only need a larger dish like 30 inches for C band such as 148W, however I have had no suceess with my current 61.5 dish for getting signal from 121.

Could someone tell me why I am not successful or I need a larger dish and different type of LNB?

What size dish are you using to get 121 W?

Bronze Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 50
You need a 30" dish with 1- linear LNB

Bronze Member
Username: Shenanigans

Post Number: 46
You're going to need a 30" dish at the minimum. You are also going to need a linear lnb. The one you are using with your 18" dish is circular and will not work on 121.

As far as cband goes, you'd need a 10 foot dish for that. At one time a 7 foot dish would get you by. That was when the sats were spaced 3 degrees apart. That is history as the sats are now spaced at 2 degrees. There would be too much interference from adjacent sats to use a 7 footer successfully these days...

Silver Member
Username: Grimreeper

Post Number: 249
find a good used super dish thatll getya 110,119 and 121

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 161
Hey Tape
Tell it like it is, I have always said that the number of post here is not you I.Q.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Actually he is right
2 Circular LNB and 1- linear with 30" dish
I had it on a previous post
I tried all combinations this will work

Bronze Member
Username: Satscanner

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 31
But what signal and rough location u at?I know biger is better but if u get good signal on a 30" thats what I'll use thanxs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
NYC area
121 you need 30" but it could be used to get more SATs
For KU you need 30"

Bronze Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 34
What signal u get tho" ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
Do you mean channels?
check www-lyngsat-com
www-lyngsat-com/echo9ia13.html

Bronze Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 36
No i mean signal % like 40% ,50% ,80%, etc,

Bronze Member
Username: Shenanigans

Post Number: 48
The signal quality varies from tp to tp. Some are stronger than others. Mine is between 89 and 99% on all tps that get a lock with a 30" dish. Most of them are at 99%.

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
Hey Sat
With the 30" Dish and a Linear, Circluar LNB pointed to bird 121 you should also pickup 119 & 123.With a little time and patience you should be able to receive a Quality Signal of 99%.LOL

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
3 things you have to keep in mind
-S=(Signal) this is the strength you need to be Nominal at 70% or better to start getting TP
-Q=(Quality) this is the Data or(channels) you need to be Nominal at 60%
- If you got both S & Q at good level they don't mean you got channels.

If channels are encrypted may come in black or not at all

So what you need to Match LNB and dish to get signal but receiver has to match encoded broadcat and encypted DVB

I WELCOME ANY HOBIEST TO ASK OR SHARE ANY QUESTION I DON'T MAKE FUN OR IGNORE ANY QUESTION

Bronze Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 40
Cool, 30" is gonna be added to set up.! get T7, Echo7, ehco8.10,echo3,nimiq1/3, and nomiq 2 now.And dtv 101w.If as u say even if some 123 tp's come with 121w{echotelestar9 thats a BONUS.Never heard that before THANX!I didn't want add a 1 metre or larger, not into dish farming..lol.

Bronze Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 46
Hey, Tape ...just thinking roughly how many chn's on sat 123 ur getting?Ckeched lynsat but its not always accurate or up to date. Thanx again.

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
Hey Guys
The person at the top Subas ask the question.
Where in the world did this guy SatScanner pop in from? What was his question? We were all answering the person at the very top by the name of "SUBAS". Now I can see why this guy Subas didn't ask another question this guy SS just cut in.I have never seeing this done before.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
Subas had only one question What size dish and it was answered
He sounded like he knew what to do
Kavin other people may have similar questions there is nothing wrong with that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us