International channels on my Pansat 2500 w/ 30-33" Dish

Silver Member
Username: Bones714

SO.California

Post Number: 168
I'm trying to get the Vietnamese(VTV) channel for my mom cause her BEC receiver with the 30" or 33" dish wont pick it up for some reason. Is hooking up the Pansat 2500 with the 30-33" dish possible or do I need to use, say for instance the dish 500? Can someone help me out with the setup for international channels on a Pansat 2500? I believe it's Telestar 5 but I can't seem to find Telestar 5 just something similar, T-5/Ku. I also want to know do I need to flash the receiver for international channels? Since we had the BEC receiver we never had to flash it for the telestar 5 broadcast. Any info will be appreciated, thanx

Silver Member

SO.California

Post Number: 169
Bump

Bronze Member
Username: Senators

Post Number: 25
go here and find what ur looking for
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/america.html

the the * off

Silver Member

SO.California

Post Number: 170
I tried that site but still no info on Telestar 5, any more info?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 5199
that site has info on every satellite!

Gold Member

Post Number: 5200
http://www.lyngsat.com/ia5.html ..remove the * in link

97W...use linear LNB...no DN or Bev bins, just factory bin and scan the sat..

Gold Member

Post Number: 5201
and use 33 inch dish

Gold Member

Post Number: 5202
heres all about Nam channels..97W or 101W (AMC 4)..and some others....includes premade channel lists for U with ALL the Nam channels..

http://www.al7bar.t*k/Forums/forumdisplay.php?f=316 ...remove the * in link

again 30 inch dish minum , align the dish and linear LNB's, factory receiver bin only, scan the satellites ..watch Vietanmese channels..

Silver Member

SO.California

Post Number: 172
I checked the lyngsat site out and didn't see any info about Telestar 5. I don't have much knowledge about the international channels. After reading LK's posts, things are a little clearer. LK, good looking out bro.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 138
Hey KingFish
On the LyngSat site you didn't see Telestar 5 because it's not there.
Go back to the site and look for Intelsat Americas 5 @ 97.oW.
I have that bird and I receive 150 Tv Channels and 121 Radio Stations.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 139
Also I forgot to mention if you want the channel list for the Intelsat Americas 5 try ftalist.com/ia5.htm.
this list has the Vietnamese VTV-4 and many other international channels.

Bronze Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 14
Hello LK
I tried to scan 97. 33" dish is pointed correctly and I get signal 75% but I can't get one single channel. Do you think because I don't have factory default bins? or flashed receiver? I thought it was my LNB

Gold Member

Post Number: 5281
U must have the factory bin 222 or 224 loaded, aim the dish and scan the satellite!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
What is factory bin 222 or 224? and how do I get it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5284
Subscribe...give it up!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
I thought 97 is free to Air why do I subscribe?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5285
If U can't find a bin and ask what it is, then U have NOT done any reading....they are posted at EVERY DSS on the internet!....and this is NOT considered a DSS site..and this hobby requires constant reading..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
My viewsat is flashed for DN and BEV. What I'm confused about is does it have to do with not getting 97 regular FTA channels. Yes I'm a hobbiest I'm trying to explore as many as Sat out there.

Silver Member

SO.California

Post Number: 173
LK, when you say factory bin 222 or 224, do you mean the Pansat factory bin?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
LK, Do you see I'm not the only one who is not familiar with this bin 222 or 224!!!

Silver Member

SO.California

Post Number: 174
The Pansat factory BIN is the 236, so if someone can be a little more clearer about 222 or 224 i'll appriciate it. The other sites don't have much on international or Intelsat Americas 5 info. i only use al7bar and hashhu but for some reason hashhu won't let me post

Silver Member
Username: Abj

Post Number: 353
You can always load factory sat. file or load
sat file that is includes 97W.
If you have viewsat you can load
http://www.dssrookie.com/forums/b-font-color-cd2626-vs-common-files-font-b/royal ssatfile-ech-3-7-8-and-t-5-a-98158.html
Royals SatFile up to date ..Ech.61.5, 110,119,**,** and 97W.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Justice thank you
I have 2 questions.
Is this why I can't scan 97 channels because my receiver is flashed for DN and BEV? Y/N
I still don't see anything about 97 all programs about DN and nothing about bin 222 or 224

Silver Member

Post Number: 355
If you have modified your receiver and downloaded sat file without 97w then your receiver will not be able to scan 97W.
If you have viewsat receiver just go to the link I have posted and you will see that file has 97W included in it.When you scan it you should only get fta channels unless you have keys to the provider. But you will get bunch of the channels.
Some of the channels are same as dishnet. I believe there is some Thai fta, Laos fta, and Vietnamese channels as well. Make sure you set your lnb setting to universal.You will not be able to scan 97W with dishpro lnb's

Bronze Member
Username: Themangod

Post Number: 17
use a winegrade if you can dish they are the best yes they will give you stronger and better singal then pansat or fortec one

Silver Member

Post Number: 357
Kingfish,
Check out this link
http://www.sadoun.net/forums/vtv4/

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Thank you so much Justice you have answered my puzzeled question but the link you have above either expired or invalid. I registered at Rookie.
But I can't find your link!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 5290
Kingfish... your first post U stated U had a pansat 2500!...the ORIGINAL factory bin is 222 or 224!...its found at every DSS site..

http://www.dsscommunity.c*om/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15

Just do a factory default setting in menu, upload this factory bin, scan 97W and watch TV..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Justice
Got it now from Rookie
Million thanx

Gold Member

Post Number: 5297
King....NEVER ask me for help again!..I already helped U and the Vietnamese enuff..and Both times it was in vain..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
LK
You got something mixed-up
I wasn't asking you anything

Silver Member

SO.California

Post Number: 175
Don't get it twisted, there are two Kings up in here. Fish and Tape, I asked about the Vietnamese channel. You don't think i appriciate the info? LK, look who's posting what.And to all the peeps with the helpful info, Thanks mann.

Bronze Member
Username: Imnycusa

Post Number: 38
King Tape, LK tried to help u...he found helpful info and made few posts....courtesy dictates u simply say thanks n move on...not too difficult thing to do unless somebody is socially challenged.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us