Question about Black boxes and Basic (analog) cable

Vindicated
Unregistered guest
If this is the billionth time you've heard this question, go ahead and link me to some old posts. I tried reading some other threads but they were mostly about how to steal Satalite or Digital cable. I'm 99% sure I got analog still.

I have very basic cable from Adelphia. Costs me $16 a month, plus $50 for cable internet. When I first got the internet they gave me extended basic (ch's 2-99) but charged me only for basic. Probably because my sister flirted with the guy. The other day they came to my house because of an internet issue, they fixed my modem but in the process they also reset my cable tv back to the basic basic (channels 2-30). I don't get any decent channles like FoxNews or VH1 anymore. I know (tears tears).

Someone told me that there is probably just a filter put on in the cable/Phone box outside on the side of my house. Can I take it off without them finding out? And is it easy to take off? What would I need?

And also, being that I only have basic basic. If I buy a universal (black box) cable tv descrambler, will it give me the extended basic? Or do I need to buy extended basic and the box would only give me the premium HBO type channles? I don't care about PPV or any of the digital channels (above 99)

Vindicated
Unregistered guest
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't notice this thread was for Satellite/digital cable topics only. First time at the forums and found this page via google.

Go ahead and move this to the proper thread. Just don't forget to help me out. lol. Sorry

Vindicated
Unregistered guest
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't notice this thread was for Satellite/digital cable topics only. First time at the forums and found this page via google.

Go ahead and move this to the proper thread. Just don't forget to help me out. lol. Sorry

cabletv
Unregistered guest
I have heard there is a digital cable filter you can buy,but it only works in a few areas.
If your cable box model # is listed HERE then you have analog. If you have analog (which I doubt) and the premium channels are scrambled,then buying a universal converter would be OK. Buy it HERE I'm not sure about any hook ups outside. There are cable tv forums!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us