Clone Safe?

Bronze Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 42
Anyone know if the new 2700a bin is clone safe? thx

Gold Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 1619
2700 bins are usually not safe for a clone.
They take 2500 bins. If you see a T after the bin number (277T as an example), those are usually safe for clones.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
the 2700 bin from June works great in my clone, but it IS the 'clone safe' version. I was wondering if the new one has been verified clone safe yet. Just downloaded it, its the right file size for a 2700 (768kb) but I will enter keys until its verified. Thx :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
for clarity, the file is:

X-87BL_060912_273_api.bin

768kb, downloaded from dsstester 2nite
Has autoroll, but not really a 'new' fix

Username: Whitford

Post Number: 1
I'm afraid I might have hosed my box. I downloaded X-85BL_060912_2500a_278_db_api(N) onto my box (which I believe is a clone). The download worked fine, but then I could not get channels even after entering the latest keys. So I tried to do a blind scan, and midway through it the box just went kaput... no power... It doesn't turn back on now. Is there any way to revive it? I'm afraid I should have checked what the proper bin was....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Im not 100% sure, but that happened to me when i put in a 2700 non-clone-safe bin a while ago. Same simptoms, Im afraid. My screen said 'this is a cloned unit' then no power no nothing. Yup and wont even turn back on. It needs to be jtagged now, apparently. One of my sources is very cool and exchanged my box for me. Thats why I started this thread, to find out if the bins are safe for clones! So sorry, man :-(

Post Number: 2
Even after I downloaded the file, I was able to see "System Info" which said I had a 278a bin (if I recall correctly). I was even able to see a true FTA channel. Before that I had an older bin (older than June 9), and till yesterday I was able to view local channels. But nothing today even after I input the latest keys. So I had assumed that I needed the latest bin. Was I wrong?

I am a novice at this -- what does "jtagged" mean? Is it easy to do myself?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Im a newbie too, but you need to bring it back to factory condition with a factory bin. It involves a jtag cable, which you can make or buy, software for your computer (jkeys, i think) and ALOT of reading no doubt. Research as much as ya can, and if yur really stuck, people on these sites will help ya, if yur trying!! Good luck and again, Im sorry, dude!

Post Number: 4
Any pointers as to where I can read about it?

Thanks for your help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
oh and yes, after downloading, I could see system info, everything, even watch tv for abou 1/2 hr. a screen kept popping up saying 'cloned unit' or something, then BAM nothing...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
its hard even getting into a site right now with the new bins, but I like dsstester, dssnewbies and hashhu

Post Number: 7
Were you able to jtag your receiver? Is it the same one that you are looking for a bin now? I'm wondering whether I'll need to give up on this piece of hardware.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
Not me, I was VERY lucky and one of my guys exchanged my box for the same unit. He just jtagged it and resold it im sure. Is it worth it? sure, if yur interested in the testing side if it. If it was my only option i would have learned and done it, for a $75 clone 2700. But I also went out 3 weeks ago and got a VS. Been watchin ever since.. But if you do that dont blame me WHEN it goes down! I knew it could be down before I got my box home!! Welcome to FREE TV!! lol

Bronze Member
Username: A123456789

Post Number: 53
aneyone know sonicview bin

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
sonicview has a full emu bin w/autoroll for the sv-1000 and pvr-1000. You must go to sites listed above (or find yur own) and READ and you will find out its not rocket science!! Good luck and happy testing!

Gold Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 1627
Don,
If you can get power to the box, you can just reflash it with the correct bin, one that has the T at the end. Then the box will work and you won't have to jtag. What Glen says is true. Jtagging is sorta like resetting the unit back to the factory settings. Much reading involved and maybe some trial and error but it's not rocket science.
Get some jtag info at dsscentral .net.

Silver Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 455
The 278 BIN is a fake. This was discussed in this forum in early and mid-July. Use a BIN dated 8-18th June, and nothing else unless you have a Viewsat or Sonicview (BINs dated 14/19th August for these two)

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 214
Where are you getting this information for for that matter the file from? 278 and 278T posted at Al7Bar and DSS-Testers are not fakes.. I have personally tested both of these files along with the 273 and they work fine. Don't put out information unless you've tested the file and know FOR SURE of what you are posting.

Silver Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 471
PRFRMNJ
I am not suggesting you are posting fakes. However,

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/246137.html

In another thread, I have asked "urmama" to give use more details. I will be able to retract, if somebody like him or LK or Tyler have a positive statement about this BIN. It is also possible that there were two 278 BINs or that they work selectively on some clones.

Bronze Member
Username: Elmoxp

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 44
and what Bin do i have down for my Pansat 3000 clone?

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 249
CHOICES:

Here is the deal.

If you feel you can handle flashing your receiver then I suggest loading the following bins for the following receivers which will solve your Keys Issues.

For Pansat 3500- x05bl_060912_3500sd_354_eubx_api.zip
For Pansat 2700- x87bl_060912_2700a_273_api_2.zip
For Pansat 2500- x85bl_060912_278t_db_api(n).zip (Safe for Clones as well)
For FLU- x85bl_060912_278t_db_api(n).zip

This is only a fix for Autoroll and not for the MAP57 ECM...

These files can be found at just about any site, but I will recommend the following sites as I've tested the files there and they are good files.

Al7Bar - [link removed]
DSS-Testers - http://forums.dsstester*.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=85

Again, these are the only files I've tested and validate as working.

NOTE: DO NOT FLASH YOUR RECEIVER IF YOU ARE NOT SURE OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

If you do not want to reflash your receiver and are content imputing keys, then I suggest you get "Key Master" and when keys roll, you'll be able to get the new keys or just wait for someone to post them.

So there is no misunderstanding. This is only a suggestion! You will ultimately decide what to do.

Yes, I am aware of the BOGUS files posted last July and that's why I tested these files personally before recommending anyone to do this. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will help you as much as I can. Please remember that I'm not by a computer all the time, so if you ask a question and I've not gotten back to you, wait a little longer. If one of the knowledgeable folks here have the answer, feel free to reply!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
yup, good post.. the moral of the story is the bins arent fake, but they just fix autoroll. they may kill clones, so test at yur own risk! Thx all..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us