Lets hack that file!

Username: Edenman

Post Number: 4
OK, this is crazy. What is needed is hacking that pgm file from *ie*sat. Im a P/A and have ok hex and assembler knowledge, anyone have any insight on that fu*king pgm file or just bins? I do know if it wasnt compiled into a pgm they would have figured it out by now (a bin would be readable) Any help here? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Post Number: 5
Heres a little of the code: (Just rems i thinks)

Initializing stack pointers for each CPU mode...

Initializing 'C' variables...

Switching to 'C' code...

Outdated codeldr, replace!

_sys_exit called ...

__rt_raise called ...

Bronze Member
Username: Nikp

Post Number: 18
Boy are you on crack? They probably have it on a secure computer, which is not connected to the web.

Post Number: 6
And a little more (These are from the pgm files that are workin!)

Copy*yeah*right Cone*ant *ystems, all rights reserved.

Silver Member
Username: Ajdarwin

Post Number: 206
Thats what I would like to know. I'm not the best, but I am persistant.

Post Number: 7
why u got some? We have the files already(PGM's). But they are compiled.. Lookin for info on DE-compiling and figuring this out, man! isnt that the fun here?

Post Number: 8
I think we can make inferences with some of this code:

1.) Such as The call to _rt_raise, which deals with dision by zero errors.
Mabe they are sending a division by zero error (Will E a calculator, how bout a reciever?)

2.)An tho compiled, for instance, you can see sorts and what not repeating as coing does.

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 373
If you have a lot of time on your hands you can reverse engineer the bin. But to understand it you need to know: encryption algorithms (modular mathematics), satellite packet protocols, cam-ird protocols, the architecture of a ROM102 card (this is what your bin emulates)... and that's just for starters.

Of course, each bin is going to be different for each processor type.

Post Number: 9
Well if no one has any insight, I will just go to my dealer and get some crack and wait like everyone else. Man pansat sucks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 208
Sounds beyond the hobbyist. I like encryption, and satellite packet protocol, I can dig through that, but I know nothing of cam ird's or the architecture of a Rom 102 card. Guess I am out of luck. I like to know stuff, but you have to know when the water gets a little too deep.

Silver Member

Post Number: 376
You can get ROM102 architecture and protocol documents off of the 'net if you search some of the good plastic sites. But to develop a bin from scratch, or, reverse-engineer it... well that's done by a team of programmers over a long time. I hope you're unemployed and have A LOT of time on your hands! lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
I would like to be able to modify the bin to add functions to a receiver. That is what I am looking at accomplishing. How to modify a bin to change its options?

Post Number: 10
I dont think this is rocket science at all. The code is actually pretty small as code goes. I just think those who know are stingy and greedy. But thats just me..

Silver Member

Post Number: 377
Most of the guys who claim that they "hack" plastic don't even delve into a lot of this stuff. On a platic receiver, you have a TSOP (holds code that acts as the equiv of a computer operating system), a ROM card (used to run algos to create decryption keys) and some other processor-type chips. An FTA bin is simply an emulation of all of these features. The plastic guys open the ROM cards in some kind of editor and change a few values (time zone, tiers, etc...) and c/p code (e.g. a blocker). May also have to mod a receiver or unlock a card. It's MUCH more difficult to create a bin.

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
I teach school and have almost no free time. LOL. I teach math and science, and like to have projects like this to exercise my mind.
Teaching High School math can be tedious after the same lesson for the third time. LOL. Starting football season tomorrow and no more time to play with any projects. I coach and it takes a lot of time.

Silver Member

Post Number: 379
If you want to learn the math behind encryption, I recommend a book called "Cryptography Decrypted" by H. X. Mel and Doris Baker.

All you need is grade 12 math to understand it. But, the book mainly covers encryption concepts in layman's terms - easy to understand.

You can apply what you learn to satellite hacking as it uses various types of encryption.

Silver Member

Post Number: 211
There are many encryption algorithms. Blowfish, DES, etc. All can be studied as they have similar schemes. The concepts are similar, the applications are different. With the computers we have now cracking a code is not nearly as difficult. I was interested in the dream machines, using Linux as its OS. Building a FTA machine from parts and Linux to me would be a great deal of fun.

Silver Member

Post Number: 382
Not true! Cracking, say, AES is near impossible (I say 'near' because it would take 1000 microprocessor a thousand years to crack, and, there is no known flaw in the maths). So after saying this, you probably wonder "how can an FTA bin file crack the encryption?" This is because keys (IDEA) are sent from satellite to receiver in the clear. However, the method (encryption algorithm to create keys for packet decryption) is kept a secret. So, to defeat an ECM the coders have to figure out the method, which is "hidden" on the ROM102 card in its MAP circuits.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Right on Joe! At least I can try and keep my mind busy till the bin comes!lol

Bronze Member
Username: Cali

Post Number: 25
I'm hearing Joe. And this machine does not have that much memory, so the algorithm cannot be complex. Recently saw someone post code to modify the menus on these pansat boxes. Pansat should wisen-up and release the old bin file codes. Why not have an GNU receiver? They would kill their competitors. Pansat, stick to what you're good at, selling poorly packaged, crappy receivers on ebay! And kill all this BL hype along with his legendry status.

Silver Member
Username: Birdwatcher

Post Number: 249
you guys are stupid to think you can hack anything. YOu probably cant hack your own fingers off with a hatchet much less a complicated computer program.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Yeh.. Im new to this stuff and everyones like WOOO BL.. He cant even keep his own site up.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Well, Im tryin Diesel, instead of sittin around with my thumb up my A*s like u

Username: Blkace

Post Number: 2
...whats the difference in the pansat 148 bin and the 271 bin files..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I think that 271 is some funky sh*t pix.. No new pansat bin sice Juneishy

Bronze Member
Username: Cali

Post Number: 27
Yeah, I'm so glad we have the 2006 World Cup schedule. To bad the bin was no good for decrypting the channels. Maybe BL should release a new bin with more fancy menus. Who needs the decryption anyway. After all, I just like to play with the menus and love setting the keys manually. Sure glad I bought 4 pansat receivers with the sd card! Very good for loading BL good for nothing bins.

Silver Member
Username: Birdwatcher

Post Number: 253
yeah sure glen, go ahead and come up with a fix. We will be here waiting.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
I see u trash everyone here.. a little grumpy u cant afford a viewsat? lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
k, heres the latest:

1.) Apparently the packets are cool.. Thats why we gets locals.

2.) Chances increasing of a zero error with the discovery of a loop in prior codes from the greedy ba*tards.

Username: Mickm

Post Number: 9
Cali: on thursday you said "Recently saw someone post code to modify the menus on these pansat boxes"
so where is this code? give us a link. it's a start. every piece of info,is one step closer to a fix.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us