Probably a dumb question but.......

Username: Scorpiod75

Post Number: 2
I am a constant lurker but I had to log in for an issue that I am having.....don't worry I won't ask for codes!!!!! I have pansat 2700 and I have no signal. I realize that DN is down but usually I get a wait for picture message. I tried scanning for 8.6 but nothing was found.....I figured you smart folks might be able to give a technotard a hand. Thanks in advance.

Bronze Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 57
You should have a signal. What is ur set up? Dish, lnb? setting on reciever?

Post Number: 3
UHH? I am not kidding, I'm really a technotard. How do I find out that information? I can follow direction well....

Silver Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 258
All the information is here, just search for it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
how did u get it hooked up to begin with?

Bronze Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Post Number: 69
Technotard...... I like that!

Post Number: 4
A friend of a friend sells the receiver and comes to the house and hooks it up. I had subscribed to DN last year so I already had the dish. This guy is a real jackass. Whenever the keys would change he would charge each house (there are six on my blockalone!) $20 to change the keys but he won't let you see how he changed them. I figured that it couldn't be that difficult so I did some research and ended up here a few months ago. It was so simple when all I needed was the keys but this no signal thing has really messed me up. I'll be more than happy to search for the info myself but I'm not sure where to begin. any dss for dummies sites?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
pansat 2700a?

Post Number: 6
2700a...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
Setting up the Pansat 2700

This will be a brief down & dirty How to for the 2700 with files included.

Lets get at it,
Download the attached file 2700a.zip to your PC and unzip to a folder of your choice.

Remove Pansat 2700 from box. Attach to PC via RS232C null modem cable.

From the folder you unzipped files to, start & run the application GTRom Loader v3[1].35 [pansat2700A]

Click Bin File and select the 2700 autoroll bin X-87BL_050315_101_api(N)_

Turn your 2700 on via rear switch. When you see the first green LED light up, Click Download

Wait for unit to finish flash, DO NOT INTERUPT!

When receiver reboots and displays ON proceed to next step of loading a channel list

NOTE; The channel list provided is working5 by Wingnutt101 for LEGACY lnbs ONLY

To load a channel list on your 2700, start & run the application Ch Editor187 (Pansat 2700A)

When Pansat Channel Editor 2700a appears, click file, open, select the channel list working5-legacy-2700

At the top of the screen click where it says Tools' and goto Connect to receiver Then click Download

Wait till finished and unit will reboot to channel 001. Your Pansat 2700 is now flashed and a Legacy Dishnet channel list has been loaded.

Disconnect receiver from PC and install to dish & TV connections.

Enter Menu and goto Antenna setup and make the necessary changes of the DiSEqC settings to match your own configuration.

Exit menu and select Channel 300, The Downloading Data should appear on your screen, and after a few minutes (up to 10 minutes) TV should appear.

Enjoy your new receiver fº

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
Even with an old bin you should still have a signal. Is there any way that your dish might have moved? Try checking your connections.

Post Number: 7
I live in the northeast and there has been major flooding and two huge thunderstorms overnight. Should I check the actual dish? Thanks for all of the help guys.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
Yes there is a chance that the weather affected your dish or the connections. If your dish moved, you would probably need a satellite finder to realign it. Check your connections first. Maybe loose or disconnected cable.

Bronze Member
Username: Beaumontj

Post Number: 18
is there a chance the guy who installed it is bitter, you are changing your own keys and moved your dish or something along those lines, $20 to change keys that would be a hard job to give up.

Silver Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 264
Check the LNBs too... see if none 110 or 119 have signal if only one of them don't have it might be a bad LNB.

Post Number: 8
I need to thank you all again....I played around with my connections and it seems that everything is fixed. It was that little hookup way under the entertainment center. Danke!!!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
Good Job!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us