HELLO I'M NEW

Username: Mexicano

Post Number: 2
IS THE FIRST TIME THAT I GONIG TO TRYE TO FIX MY PANSAT 2500.
BUT I NEED A LOT A HELP
CAN SOME ONE WELP ME PLEASE?
I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO FIX IT STEP BYE STEP PLEASE HELP ME I KNOW THERES NO NEW DOWNLOAD OR NEW KEYS BUT I NEED TO BE READY HOW TO DO IT SO I CAN FIX IT WHEN THE NEW DOWNLOAD COME OUT.
PLEASE SOME HELP ME.
THANK VERY MUCH.

Silver Member
Username: Bobkakabobkaka

Post Number: 177
OK, DO ANY OF YOU BOTHER TO READ THE OTHER THREADS???????????? GO READ THE OTHER THREADS.

Silver Member
Username: Bobkakabobkaka

Post Number: 183
???

Post Number: 3
i did alredy but i did not find anything
or i did not undestand i will read some more threads
thanks

Post Number: 4
WHATS A BIN FILE? PLEASE

Username: Turnon

Post Number: 3
No fix yet.
I'm sure someone can help you, when and if the fix comes out.

Username: Conan

Post Number: 1
The bin file is the file you need to upload from your computer to the Pansat receiver in order to get the missing channels back. You use a small software (which you can download from the pansat website) to upload the bin file to the receiver.

Bronze Member
Username: Tadon

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 84
" ... i did alredy but i did not find anything .."

you can find and read in archive time begin may 24 then you will know all .

Post Number: 5
thans conan & bui le it gonna help me a lot

Silver Member
Username: F_t_a_is_back

Post Number: 109
There you go none...seems like alot to do but you have time to read right now that we are done..

FTA

This Guide will work for both Pansat 2300 (with X-7500 files) and Pansat 2500 (with X-8500 files). It assumes that you know what a rs232 straight thru cable is and you know how to use a updater program to flash your receiver with a "bin" file also known as a "Flash Rom File". Also, that you know how to set up and configure your computer Com Ports.

This Guide is for a "Basic Setup" - 18" DAVE dish, ONE DAVE LNB, ONE Satellite.

For other dish's, Different LNB's (FTA LINEAR) (and LNB's with switches built in), switches and multiple LNB's/Satellites, there is a little more to it than this Guide.

If you have a DishPro500 setup which has a built in switch at the LNB's you will have to do more work to get it running. You will have to use special Channel bin files that include freq's to demultiplex the Stacked signal you get from this type of Dish.

Do a search for Dishpro on this Site.

Setting up this receiver for Dishnetwork is not hard at all! You MUST follow the instructions. They MUST be followed IN ORDER.

If you don't know what each one does and or not sure if you have done it correctly you CANNOT just go on to the next step and expect things to work out. IT WILL NOT WORK!

The loader programs and the latest X7500 / X-8500 Files are in the Files section of this Site.

Make sure your Com Ports work on your computer and baud rate set to 115200, if they do not, or, if they are configured incorrectly or blocked by a firewall or Norton you cannot flash your receiver

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1. Flash your Pansat 2300 with latest X-7500 / Pansat 2500 with X-8500 bin file. (This MUST BE DONE to DESCRAMBLE the Dishnet Nagravision1 signal). Use a RS232 Serial Straight Through Cable and Com Port 1 on your computer. Use the flash utility uploader and X-7500 / X-8500 flash file. Download the X-7500 / X-8500.bin to the receiver from you computer as a "Flash ROM File". DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT AS A "BOOT FILE" or you will fry your receiver and you will be finished with it and these instructions!

Make sure your Computer says "Download Complete", not just 100%. If you don't get "Download Complete" you have NOT completed the Flash! WAIT WAIT WAIT....for your Computer to say "Download Complete" and the receiver should re-boot itself. If this has not happened, you have not flashed successfully. Do NOT go further!

2. In antenna setup, select satellite you want (birds E8.6 at 110W and E7 at 119W are the Dishnet birds), select an active transponder for bird 110 (Echo 8.6) or for bird 119 (Echo 7) (whichever you are looking for). If you get no quality level on a transponder, try others before giving up. Not all transponders are transmitting all the time. MAKE SURE THE CABLE IS PLUGGED INTO THE "IF INPUT" PORT ON THE BACK OF THE RECEIVER! Plug the other end directly into the LNB on your Dish.

3. Still in antenna setup set LNB to "Standard" and freq to 11250. (This MUST be done to receive a QUALITY signal from the Satellite).

4. Still in antenna setup, rotate your dish to find the satellite you have selected, watching the QUALITY meter at the bottom of the screen. Get this as HIGH as possible. (This MUST be done before trying to do #5). Keep in mind that just because you told the receiver you are looking for sat 110, it does not know the difference in the signal it receives! Therefore, you MUST have some idea where 110 actually is from your location. Your receiver will show a quality level from ANY satellite that you actually have your dish pointed at.

5. Using the latest bins 235 or above, you will automatically have a channel list (with correct channel names). You may have to adjust the switch settings in antenaa setup to set the switches to off for one lnb or to the correct ports if you are using two lnbs.

6. Go to parental control and at the bottom of the screen you should see "Second PIN" available. Enter "0000" and it will take you to a screen where you can turn the EMU ON and SET DEFAULT KEYS ON. (This activates the keys in the x-8500 flash, in item #1 above, to decode the signals). This cannot be done until you have channels in your receiver. Just turn EMU ON and Set Default Keys and hit OK. Exit out of the menu and...........

7. WATCH TV!

Guys/Gals, stop trying to make this harder than it is. (I.E.) searching for other files, listening to others who are not watching TV, 2nd guessing the instructions. The hardest part is finding the satellite. The rest is a piece of cake.

If you get stuck at some point, DO NOT GO FURTHER until you have that problem resolved.

If you follow this information correctly, you will be watching TV in less than 30 minutes!

Happy Testing!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us