Viewsat 2000 issue - Help

Username: Newtosat

Post Number: 1
I have a superdish (119, 110, 121) . And when i hook up to my receiver, normal one which comes with dishnetwork i get the signal and everything is good. My signal strength is 102. But when i connect the Viewsat receiver, the signal strength and quality are in the 80 range.

But i was still able to do a blind scan and get the channels, but the problem is after 10 or 15 minutes of viewing, the satelite connection is lost and it says checking for satelite.

If i switch off and on the power on the back of the receiver, it is fine for a minute or two and again it does the same.

Anyway knows what is going on ? Any help is appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1197
turn off all autoroll features in your receiver, about autoroll function except keys.

Post Number: 2
how do i do this ? where is this autoroll in the menu ?

Gold Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1202
go to dss*tester.com or another forum with downloads area, and download the manual for your receiver. remove *

Post Number: 3
I have the guide for viewsat from the dss site. But they dont have the autoroll related info. Sorry to bother so many people... but if steps can be provided it will be great. I cant watch anything for more than 5 minutes.

Post Number: 4
I found in the option Autoroll, which was ON. i turned it off. Still it hangs

Gold Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1210
yes do you need before stop autoroll reset factory settings, and before you cant get see any channels do you need stop autoroll, if you cant see channels your autoroll function its already enable, do you need, restore factory settings, set your box, date etc, and stop autoroll. enjoy

Gold Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1212
If reset factory settings, set all in your receiver and you still have the same problem run the bin again.

Silver Member
Username: Grimreeper

Post Number: 140
are you hooking your viewsat up and unhooking the regular reciever? the regular reciever needs to hooked up to power the dp34 switch because the viewsat doesnt have enough power to run the dp34 switch.the lose of signal is because the power to the switch and lnbs is turning off because of breaker in viewsat box

Post Number: 5
yes, i am taking off the regular receiver. how do i keep both of them up and running ?

Silver Member
Username: Grimreeper

Post Number: 141
run two cables to the dp34 switch one from the DN reciever and one from the viewsat or get power inverter and hook it to port 1 on the dp34 switch

Bronze Member
Username: Solito

Post Number: 30
power inverter ? can you explain little more please?

Gold Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1258

Silver Member
Username: Cosmic_ray

Toronto, Ontario CANADA

Post Number: 110
?

Bronze Member
Username: Bobkakabobkaka

Post Number: 38
Try flashing your reciever with a factory bin and then reload the bin you were using.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
where can i get a factory bin ? instead of the bins from the dss* site

Silver Member
Username: Bobkakabobkaka

Post Number: 189
Go to
http://forum*s.f2atv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=440

remove the *
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums