Connection with my Samsung 5065 to Moxi Box/Adelphia

Username: Broomer

OC, California USA

Post Number: 1
"They" came out to set up the tv with a new HD moxi box. I am happy overall with the picture, some channels and some programs are better than others. My issue is that they hooked the component cables to the 480i/480p jacks, and when the lines are hooked up to the 480p/720p/1080i jacks, the TV tells me it doesn't recognize that signal - and I get the blue screen. I have yet to ask this question of Adelphia, or Samsung, I expect them to blame eachother or me and I thought I would ask you all if there is a quick answer.
No HDMI jack on the TV or the moxi box, but both have DVI - should I give that connection a try? Will in increase the resolution to 720p?

Bronze Member
Username: Tvshopper

Post Number: 25
You need to change the settings on the MOXI box. Look at the Setup menu in the MOXI menu. It will let you choose the output resolution there.

OC, California USA

Post Number: 2
tvshopper - thanks for the help!

Well, the installer didn't set this up correctly. Only 480i was chosen on the setup menu. However, now that the box is set correctly (with 720p and 1080i checked), the TV will somethimes not accept the signal. When it does, the picture is great - all that it is suppposed to be. Any help would be great. I am getting calls at work from the kids saying the tv isn't working!

On other points I asked about - the DVi jack on the MOXI box is not opperational at this time, they tell me.

Bronze Member
Username: Tvshopper

Post Number: 26
Dan,

My guess is that you're getting a conflict with the double setting and the scaler in your TV. My suggestion is to set the box to one setting and that setting should match the native display of your television (720p?). Hope that works!

OC, California USA

Post Number: 3
Ok - tvshopper. Thank you for helping me.
After setting up for only 720p and 1080i, I recieve all channels. But the picture on the non-HD channels is much worse than normal. Not just in comparison to the HD channels.

Adelphia said that all three should be checked for proper reception, but I have explained the problem I have with that setup.

Family in the area have the same setup - all three are checked, and they don't seem to have a problem. Different tv, though.

Barring more input, I have resigned to myself to accept the status as is.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us