Bronze MemberUsername: Milla
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Post Number: 31
i am using a DSS toybox loader and i have the com cable connected from the computer to the reciever but my computer isnt detecting the reciever i tried it with the reciever turned off and i tried it with the reciever turned onn.
Gold MemberUsername: Lklives
Post Number: 3117
Here are a few tips if you are having difficulty flashing: loading a bin..
I would advise everyone to read a set up guide before flashing. But, since people have been having some problems, I have revised this to provide more detailed information. But this is not intended to be a substitute.
1. Make sure you use the proper serial cable for your receiver:
Most Fortec and Pansat use a straight through cable with DB9 females on both ends.
The Blackbird, Pansat 2700/3500 and some other receivers use null (crossover) cable, which crosses over pins 2 and 3.
2, With the power turned off, connect it to your computer and receiver using the serial connector. Use serial port #1 if you can.
3. If you do not have a working SERIAL port, you must install one or use a computer that has one. Usb ports do NOT usually work, except on rare ocassions with an adapter.
4. Use the appropriate loader.
5. Select the file. Make sure that it is the correct flash for your receiver.
6. Select the COM port your receiver is connected to. If you do not know, what it is try #1 first.
7. Enter the correct model name and number. Most Blackist updaters do Not require this.
8. Check off the correct function box. Your choices are boot, flash or channel list. To FLASH your receiver you would use FLASH. Most flashes do not require a separate boot; so do not load both separately.
9. Turn on the receiver power from the BACK switch.
10. As soon as you see the lights flash,very first light -- IMMEDIATELY press download. Timing is critical and many vary.
11. Wait until it COMPLETES and reboots.