Need help hooking up dvd recorder to tv

Username: Grfeathers

Post Number: 2
i have a dvd recorder that i need to hook up to a tv (a new magnavox). the tv only has a cable hookup in the back and only a video (yellow) hookup and 1 audio (white) hookup in the front. I have a cable box, and i tried to hook it up through that. i only want to use the recorder to watch dvds for right now. i hooked it up, and i could hear the sound from the dvd but i couldn't see the picture. someone please help!

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2644
First you need a y cable for the audio or you're going to miss a significant portion of the audio. Connect with the RCAs and set the TV on line or auxillary.

Username: Grfeathers

Post Number: 3
i don't know how to set the tv to aux. on my other tv, you can do it with the remote, but not this one.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2645
If there isn't an input or auxillary button on the remote, go through the channels until you get to line.

Username: Sarsie

Puerto rico, Mogan Gran Canaria

Post Number: 1
Can anyone help?
My dad has just bought a dvd recorder and is trying to hook it up to his tv. He has a freeview box, plus video recorder which he wants to keep set up. The other problem is that the tv is quite a distance from the video and freeview box, at the moment they are all connected with a very long arieal cable which is underneath the floorboards. Basically all I need to know is what leads go where so he can record all channels. Hope someone can help.
Cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us