Latest On B3V Bin

Bronze Member
Username: F_t_a_is_back

Post Number: 40
This is a CP from Future_FTA as per The DSS Guy....

I'm starting this thread to announce the latest news from Viewsat.

First;
I spoke w/coders tonite and they are very close (90%) to finishing the "solution" for our latest problem. Expect to see a release probably within the next 48 hrs. Next month we will also see a new G.U.I. (O.S.) that is more flexible and pleasing to the eye. There has never been any need to worry as the N.A. market is too valueable to them. Relax, it is coming soon

Next tidbit;

This news will not make some people too happy, but was a smart move on Viewsats part. The Conexant processor is NOW exclusive to Viewsat! They have purchased all available processors, and paid a premium $3 ea. more per unit to ensure nobody else will be getting the Conexant processor. C00lsat & others that copied Viewsat's design and processor will be out of luck. The 3 new C00lsats that were expected out soon will be delayed due to the lack of processors, and will have to find alternatives. Viewsat has always bought in large quantities to ensure availability of their product and have only been caught shorthanded once since being introduced to N.A. Any manufacturers that didn't buy large quantities will now have to look elsewhere. This company is taking no prisoners when it comes to the North American market.

Next;

I will be receiving a test unit of the long awaited PVR next week. There has been a delay of the rollout of the dual tuner PVR due to a recall by the manufacturer of the "touch membrane" on the front of the unit that allows menu access and channel changes. Units that were ready to ship, have to have this part replaced, but we will see the release of the unit to the public within the next 30 days.
Look for my review of their Dual Tuner PVR sometime next week..

Next;

Viewsat Internet TV is finally ready to roll out, and in stock. There had been a delay on these due to a major software bug that has been resolved. Look for more public information about these units and watch for the Viewsat website to be updated soon to include the new 'Viewsat Internet TV"

Next;

Viewsat will be introducing a new unit dubbed the "Ultra" and beta testing will begine next month. The new unit has a 228 mghz. processor that is capable of 250 million instructions per second (MIPS). This is as fast as most Linux based boxes and will also have 32 megs of RAM for extended EPG and other uses. The flash area has also been increased to 4 ****bytes. This new unit will have a USB port which will allow a "jump drive" (USB storage device) to facilitate flashing, playing MP3's, and even to display jpeg's and other picture formats on TV.

Next;

Viewsat will be bringing us an HD unit later this year. The first offering will most likely come from a different manufacturer to ensure being one of the first HD units out. In all likelyhood the original manufacturer will follow suit with an additional HD unit from their factory. They're gearing up now and ordering all the parts necessary to start production. this was planned and posted in a flowchart awhile back, and they are running behind schedule, but you won't find anyone as purposeful about the N.A. market as Viewsat ....

It was made public long ago that the major software company behind Viewsat employs some 70 engineers. They have delivered, and propelled us forward in a BIG way. They may be behind the time schedule of the flow chart I released awhile back, but they steadfastly deliver alternative solutions for an enjoyable TV viewing experience. They entered this market with a plan and a strategy. You are still watching it all unfold. Their continued support & presence proves they're in this for the long haul, and they intend to dominate the N.A. market.

All I can say is. "Thanks for your continued support" Rock on Viewsat!

Pansat bins are been worked on as well...no exact time and date for those bins....YET

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2706
Nice posting by TDG...he's a great PR man...now if ONLY what he says could be believable!...his credibility is quite TAINTED!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us