ECHOSTAR --X-- "10"

Bronze Member
Username: Thegame

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 53
Hey guys ive been out for a weeks and i heard that echo x is active...can u actually see channels on echo X...and how do i get echo X on my sat list..

ive noticed some channels have moved..heard they moved to echo x..has anyone got channels from the new bird or what.??

Bronze Member
Username: Nels2k

Post Number: 26
most channels on echo x are locals on spotbeams check lyngsat for more info

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1928
Here's some info for you that are too lazy to join a reputable site like dsscommunity.c*om or dsstester.c*om .....where they have REAL INFO and FILES and BINS..

Echostar X is NOW ONLINE!

Last night Echostar X fired Up its first transponders and the first LIL channels moved to their new home on Echostar X.

Tonight the following cities are scheduled to move to Echostar X.

Flint-Saginaw, MI (Moving from 121 to 110)
Detroit, MI (Moving from 110 and 61.5)
Grand Rapids, MI (Moving from 119 to 110)
Duluth-Superior MN-WI
Houston, TX (Moving from 119 and 148 to 110)
Joplin-Pittsburg MO-KS (Moving from 105 to 110)
Philidelphia, PA (Moving from 110 and 61.5 to 110)
Yakima (from 110 and 119 to 110)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yea great news we going to have more channels thanks for de info
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I assume the international channels are being moved to 110, does that mean that we'll just have another 61.5, 148 and 121 with the regular 110 lineup? And if so, will charlie be taking any of the above mentioned off air?

Right now they are just moving locals....there's just no way to tell where everything else will end up. Charlie's moving a second bird to 119 as well. He has a long term lease on the 105 and owns the 121. It's just going to take some time to see where everything will settle out.

Great info, thanks! I'd been trying to find out what's up with echo 10, my locals are on 105 and I'd like to instead task my primestar LNB to 97W. I had it for a while then missed my locals. BTW, what is the second bird at 119? I hadn't heard about that.

From what Ive heard, they are putting HD locals on the echoX.

As of right now there are no HDTV channels on E*10. The 129 bird has a whole slew of HDTV locals. The "old" 110 has a few HDTV channels as well.

with all the moving of channels and such one should consider the following, at some point all service will have to be on the standard cluster of burds, ie 110/119, they may move a lot of stuff around but i doubt seriously they want to go to all customers locations and realign dishes to accomodate the moves to new burds... not sure if im makin sense or not, but i guess what im saying is give it a lil time here, things will get back to normal.... they wouldnt wanna pay techs and the quantity is over whelming, making total drastic changes like that is NOT cost effective.....

sounds like the new 10/X might be for the premium hd service in the end...

who knows but its my .02384732 cents worth

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1929
BTW....echo X (10) is a 3rd satellite in the 110 orbit...we already have 2 sats there now...echo 8...and echo 6..

What we know for sure: In last week's Charlie Chat they stated that all locals were to be moved off the 105 and 121 satellites. I'm not sure exactly what will happen here but I have my doubts about it. It is already being advertised on DN's web site that the wing locals carried on the 61.5 and 148 birds will be moved to Echostar X at 110¢ W once it becomes operational (projected June '06). They even provide a drop down menu to see what channels and cities are affected.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/locals/echoxlocalcarriage/

Dish is under the gun to comply with a Federal court ruling mandating them to be able to provide all local channels on a single dish. While they may indeed eventually move locals from the 105 and 121 birds the 61.5 and 148 will be first. Echostar also owns the 121 outright and it's lease on the 105 runs until 2011 or 2012. It makes no sense for them to not keep using those satellites.

Dish is also moving international channels from the 121 to the 61.5/148 satellites

However the friendly folks over at the FCC have some information...

http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/servlet/i...nt_key=-103373

http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/servlet/i...nt_key=-103392

http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/servlet/i...nt_key=-103390

In essence what is going on is that Dish will begin moving Echostar 10 from 138¢ W to 110¢ W sometime around March 21st. Their plan is to transistion spotbeamed channels from Echostar 8 to Echostar 10 in order to free up space on E*8 for CONUS operations. Once this is done the rest of the channels from E*6 can then be moved to E*8. E*6 will then be moved into an adjacent spot to be used as a spare satellite. They expect the transitions to take about 30 days. (Still pending FCC approval to transmit on E*10)

I still haven't found anything that relates to channels being moved off the 105and 121 satellites that is iron clad. It does appear though that the major markets will likely be moved and that smaller markets will remain on the Superdishes.

The new 110 is set up for spotbeams...49 of them. You can bet locals will truly be locals. This is a lot like what Dave did several years ago.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us