Pansat 2700a Echo 6.8 / Echo 7 110/119 setup

Username: Cadavis

Atoka, OK USA

Post Number: 1
I recently bought the Pansat 2700a reciever and a 30" dish with one Spitfire model:ASC321 LNBF Ku Band

I am shooting for 110 and 119

Adjusting the dish has proved to be a pain in the butt, but each night I seem to gain some new ground. when I go to the Antenna setup to aim my dish I get a 90 on Level and a 90 on Quality after pointing my dish...at least on some of the transponders. TP 5 and 35 are both at 90 ....should all the transponders be that high and why are some of them at 0? One night I got all the HBO and showtime channels and along with some other channels...after moving the dish slighly I lost those channels and gained the PPV channels and some new ones.

I have ordered 2 more LNB's along with a Diseqc switch and some brackets. I am hoping this will solved the problem and that I will get most of the channels. I tried to tune in to 4 of the echo satellites at the same time with one LNB and I would get a signal but they would pull in the same channels on each satellite.

Hoping for a little help and insight on this. This 30" dish does not have a skew setup...does this matter?

As far as polarization, is it as simple as spinning the LNB?

I know a little about satellites, but I have a lot to learn. I have been reading forums and a ton of websites trying to find out the answers.

Can anyone help please?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1076
Don't know that specific LNB...but 1 LNB = 1 satellite signal..so how are U trying to get BOTH the 110 and 119 ...U can't...its one or the other, unless this is a TWIN LNB for 2 satellites, and actually has 2 "eye's" LNB's..its not that difficult to catch one or the other satellite..

Atoka, OK USA

Post Number: 2
Well, I just ran a scan on Echo 7 which is supposed to be 119. It is pulling in 110 channels off of echo 7 just like 6/8. I figured I needed 2 LNB's and they are on order but I can't figure out why with the slightest move of the dish it decideded to go from 110 to 119 or 119 to 110.

I guess after reading what you had to say...the smallest move will catch one or the other but only one.

If I have a solid lock on 119 on just one of the transponders, should I get all the channels that are on 119....why would I only get a select amount of channels...what could be causing that?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1078
If U are aligned correctly and getting over 70% signal on most transponders, U should be pulling in all the channels from whatever satellite U are aimed..and its more than 110 channels..from the front, the 119 is about 2 inches to the right and 1 inch higher than the 110....U might be pulling in the 119 and 121, which are only 2 degrees apart..

Atoka, OK USA

Post Number: 3
But it is possible to pull in 119 and 110 with 2 LNB's on the same dish and get most of the channels? and maybe 121? I am waiting on my LNB's, should be here in a couple of days. My 30 inch dish doesn't have a skew setting...would this make a difference if it did?

I subscribe to dish network and I have 4 recievers...that dish does have a screw with a quad LNB and it picks up everything with no trouble...I guess I just need to keep adjusting the dish once my other LNB's come in....My dad ordered me a Bird dog Sat finder....that should help when it gets here.

Username: Cableboxtv

You will need to get a dishnetwork dish. Dish pro 500 or you can use a direct TV dish and hook up another LNB to it. These are usually 18" or 22" dishes. The 30" dish is for the international language channels. If you would like to watch tv out of the country that is what you use.
If your looking for dish network you will need to get a different dish. I'll check with our tech to see if there is conversion of the 30" but I don't think you can get both. I think you can only get 119 with the 30" though.
http://www.extremesats.com

Username: Zapper

Post Number: 1
I have a Pansat 2700a and a Dishpro 500 dish. How do I get it to switch between the 2 LNBs? 110 works ok but I can't get to 119. Would I need to run 2 cables & use the switch or can I get the recv to switch like a 311?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1115
it all depends uon which LNB's U have..if Dish pro TWIN,just align the 1 unit with 2 eyes and 2 outputs..the run 1 cable directly from LNB to the receiver (no switch)..then u must configure your LNB and disque settings in receiver..if its 2 Dish pro single (1 eye) or Dual LNB's (1 eye with white plastic cover), then U must use a and run 1 cable from each LNB to a disque switch and then to receiver...again U musr configure the receiver settings for the disg pro LNB's and disque switch..I could sit here all day,giving U different scenarios, but u really do some reading at a DSS site about how to setup your receiver and hardware..

TWIN.....Upload

Dual.....Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Dannyboy88

Post Number: 18
hey lk and everyone else would any of you know the keys for bell express vu

Post Number: 2
Thanx LK. I will run the other cable & put in the switch. I have the top pix, dual lnb.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1124
top says TWIN...bottom says Dual..no switch needed if U have top TWIN LNB...read my post again!

Atoka, OK USA

Post Number: 10
If I get a dish 500 instead of the 30" dish I have, will my Current LNBF's work with the dish 500? I have Spitfire Model:ASC321 LNBF's I need a list of what LNBF's will work with that dish and if they will fit or fasten to the arm and work with the Pansat 2700a. I'll look around for now.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1129
Why don't U just buy a dish with 2 LNB's, like a Dish pro 500 with a twin DP LNB?...keep it simple...and tag sale the spitfire or whatever..U are making a project out of nothing..

Bronze Member

Atoka, OK USA

Post Number: 14
that is exactly what I have decided to do. I have decided to buy a superdish 121 that will pick up 110, 119, and 121. All I need to know now is if the DP34 switch that comes with it will serve just the same as a DiSEqC Switch and be compatible. Other than that, I believe I'll be set!

Last nite after I got home I tried the advise I got in another area. It said to change the LNB type to Dishpro and turn on the 22K on 1 sat. only. As soon as I did that I can now get both the 110 and 119, with out using a switch, just one cable coming in. Just thought this might help someone else.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us