LG dvd recorder DR7922W turns off when recording

Username: Mkc_1971

Post Number: 1
i recently purchaced this dvd recorder and up to now was quite happy with the play back on it especially the divx playback.

But when i tried to record something 5 minutes into the recording it shuts down and turns off yet occasionally if i record and let it run it records fine

I had a similar problem with the same model and took it back but my old one just looses all its channels and locks up this one just turns its self off

Has anyone else come accross this problem or does anyone know what is wrong

Anonymous

I've had something similar.

Been using my new LG DR-7922W DVD recorder to transfer my tapes onto DVD. The first 20 discs have been fine, but now I am encountering a problem.

Sometimes during the recording, the DVD recording process will 'stop'. It seems to get indicated when the recording time suddenly changes to 00:14 and decides this is a new recording (i.e. Title 2 or 3). It just stays that way.

When I hit STOP on the machine, it tells me it's trying to write to disk (as normal). It does this for a minute, then comes up with a blank grey rectangle on the screen (like a normal message box but with no text in it). It won't respond to ejecting the disk, nor power off, nor anything else it seems. I have to unplug it, replug it, wait for the startup routine, then eject the disk.

I don't know if there is something wrong with the DVDs themselves, or if it is a machine fault (only bought last weekend).

The discs are Ricoh DVD+R, stack of 50.

phil330
Unregistered guest
I have LG DR7922W - any one know multi region hack for it

Username: Mkc_1971

Post Number: 2
go to setup go to where you set the country code dont press accross press 0 button i think 7-8 times a message will appear on the screen press ok now your recorder is region free

Unregistered guest
I've got the same recorder, and mine is definently a dud. It won't read the -R discs it has created a day earlier, it freezes and sometimes the picture goes blue. It's getting returned tomorrow

gm
Unregistered guest
can anyone tell me how to record onto the second layer of a dual layer disc, i was recording on one the other day, and it only gave me 59 minutes on the HQ function when it should have been more

Anonymous

I just "won" one of these recorders in a raffle.Had it for one week. worked OK on play back, but was setting the clock and was trying to record and screen went blank. Still audio out but no video. tried to reboot by removing power but no effect. I get the feeling it might be a lemon!

Username: Chacker

Post Number: 3
Sounds like a lemon...try the optical-out connections or RCA or coax, depending on what you are hooked with at the present. Then see menu for
correct settings.

Unregistered guest
Hi. I have a DVD recorder LG DR7922W and it was fine for a few weeks, but now it turns off after using the record button after about 8-10 minutes. I have not pressed it more than once. It also loses the automatically programmed channels. I see Michael Chiverall had a similar problem in Oct 05 and wonder if anyone has any solutions. Thanks

Unregistered guest
does anyone have problems watching a recorded tv with the picture playback becoming grainy ever few seconds
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us