I need help getting 119W in Saskatchewan, Please!!

Username: Johnydepp

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, I have read almost all the threads here for the past four weeks and I couldn't find any help in regards what I want so I thought I start a thread here so that I could get some answers.

I have been trying to get 119W on a 22" Round Dish but till this date I can't seem to find the sucker. I live in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and about 650KM north of US Border, I get 110 easily with a 97% signal but not all TP's have channels and all I get is PPV, VOD's, Sports and some odd channels and a total of 149 channels and I heard there are 320 channels there so therefore I am surely missing quite a bit of channels. Ane when I try to aim at 119 I can't get anything, I get a signal of 65% but no channels comes on with the scan so I don't really know what am I doing wrong. I am currectly not using any switches though until I find all the sats then I will use it.

Just so you all know, I am using a Viewsat2000 receiver.

All I want to know if anybody from Saskatchewan ever had any luck getting any signal or channels from 119W if so where are they located in Sasktachewan and what size dish they are using?

Thanks ever so much for the help guys, I am just about to go nuts, lol.

Outsider182
Unregistered guest
119 is typically easier to get than 110....if possible point your dish using a dish net/bell receiver for better accuracy. In saskatoon for 119 set your elevation to 29.4......set to that and just pan across the sky....you really should have no problem.

Bronze Member
Username: Johnnysamson

Peoria, Il Usa

Post Number: 13
I am in regina, i have no trouble getting 110 on a 22inch dish, but ihad to get 30 for 119, still only getting about 80% signal, but seems to work good. It picks up all the channels when i scan. Are you sure you are pointed at 119, I use a old bell 2700 to get my signals set up. The bell receiver will tell you what sat you are at

Post Number: 2
I don't have a Bell or Dish receiver to test it, but I do have a DTV receiver which I don't use anymore. My receiver is a Viewsat FTA receiver and you can't really tell what Satellite it is when you get the signal. I guess I will have to get a 33" Dish for myself to get clear signal for 119. Please let me know how many channels you are getting for 110 and how many channels for 119. I only get 149 channels for 110 but I heard there are 330 channels originally.

Outsider182, are you from Saskatoon and what size dish you are using?

Thanks

Bronze Member

Peoria, Il Usa

Post Number: 14
You can get a 30 inch dish from radio center in regina for $90. I have a total of 473 channels, not sure how many are on each, or how many duplicates. But there is everything i want, and works great, i think there is about 200 channels on each sat, but could be wrong. I do not think i am missing anything, ecept military channel

Caveman34
Unregistered guest
Hey Tim I'm from the cariboo in B.C. and I can get 110 no problem, but for 119 I use an old starchoice 30" dish and receive some channels but most of the tp's are weak. As for the channels on 110 I'm getting 298 after I scan using a coolsa t.

Anonymous

I'm in Winnipeg and have no problem with the 110 and 119 with an 18" dish. What worked best for me was to find the 119 first and then slighty adjust the dish for the 110. My signal quality is about 75% on the 119 and 85% on the 110. Keep trying, you should be able to get it.

Anonymous

I have a dish 500, south of wpg and having trouble finding anything useful out there. What are the setting you used for wpg?

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 815
Using an 18 or 22 or 30 inch, U should NOT have any problems getting BOTH the 110 and 119 if U are using the correct working circular LNB's,RG6 cables, connectors, and alignment..IN the "helpful sites" thread, there are numerous satellite alignment calculators to use..and if U have the 110,then U just need to tweak it a little,,,Patience is a virtue!

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 817
read this link...many site calculators to use

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/168756.html

Post Number: 3
Thanks everybody for helping me out here, I have lots of info to work on now. I will try it this evening to see if I will get it. I live in an apartment which has an excellent clear view of south, east and west sky so hopefully I will get it today with a 22" dish that's if it was possible. I heard from some guys that Dish Network lowered their footprint in Saskatchewan last year that's why getting 119 isn't possible with a 22" or smaller Dishes.

I have used all the calcultors to determine the location of the Sat but it seems it is not working to me at all. The Dish I used has Skew and Elevation but I don't see any Azimuth marking on it. Is Azimuth the thing that's right in the bottom of the Dish or where is it?

Also is 119 to the east of the 110 or to the west of it? 119W should be to the west of it, but it seems I heard it is on the east of the 110, please let me know?

Thanks a bunch guys again!!

Post Number: 4
One more thing I wanted to ask is which is Circular LNB. I have two types of LNB's which both have Dual Outputs. Two of them are from DISHNetwork and they are LNBF and the other two are also DUAL Outputs and are from DTV. Do I need new LNB's, or these ones will work for me?

Bronze Member

Peoria, Il Usa

Post Number: 15
They will work, i use two bell lnbs

Anonymous

can we get both 110 and 119 at the same time using an 18inch dish? I assume I would need to have 2 LNB's installed on that dish, right?

Thanks for your help!

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 688
@Anonymous

Yes.

Post Number: 5
Guys, one more last question. Does anyone know if a 30" Starchoice dish will work for the catching signal from 119W and 110W at the same time. Obviously I have to put a Bell or DTV LNB to use it, but will the Dish Work? Also does it really matter if the dish is oval or round?

Thanks for answering my questions.

Username: Wishfultnkn

Post Number: 9
I didn't see it mentioned yet, but if you want to see the 119 bird, don't forget to delete TP 12224, it is a spot beam that you won't be able to get. TP 12239 should be your active one when looking for 119.

Username: Wishfultnkn

Post Number: 10
One other thing, if using two seperate dishes with a swtich, try running your cable direct to your dish and find it that way and do your scan. Note your signal levels then install the switch.

flatlander
Unregistered guest
I set up 3 dishes in Saskatoon. A 30" just bearly brings in 119. I used a 36" dish and they all work fine.

Post Number: 6
How much did you get the 36" for and from where in Saskatoon. Also did you manage to get both 110 and 119 on that 36" dish? Let me know please.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us