FORTECSTAR LIFETIME ULTRA RECIEVER HELP

eeeeeeeee
Unregistered guest
Hello, I've recently hooked up my Fortec Lifetime ULTRA Reciever to my old dishes. I went through the installation, and scanned Echostar 3 (61.5) for channels, and it found about 200 or so. Now, when I go to view the channels, it is ALL BLACK, and after a few seconds it says this message:
"Info: Scrambled or Bad Channel"

Does anybody know a solution or think they can help? Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 239
@eeeeeeeee

dsscentral .net>Download latest bin>Flash receiver>watch TV

eeeeeee
Unregistered guest
by flashing the receiver, do you mean downloading the .bin file into the receiver through a female-to-female connection (CPU to Receiver)???????

eeeeeeeee
Unregistered guest
there are also many .bin files with various names but all contain the name of my receiver. do you know if they serve different purposes or which one is the bets thanks?

sorry to sound like a noobie but i could use some help.

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 426
all the files have a date as part of the file name...use the newest file..ex: al7bar 051018 (18 OCT 2005)..05=2005...10= 10th month October..18 =18th day

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 427
Al7bar FTA Ultra_050926_282t2_12H_clock_api(NTSC).zip (386.8 KB, 1059 views)

This is newest and most popular now...9/26

eeeeeee
Unregistered guest
thanks. and im guessing the "flashing part" is done by my recievers uploading program on my computer? once im done uploading and it "flashes it"...i just have to set it back up and channels will be unscrambled?

eeeeeeeee
Unregistered guest
uhhh sorry thrill, but wouldnt that file be from september? 9th month? how would that make it the newest? and how do you know popularity?

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 245
@eeeeeeeee

Dude, bins are not released every day or every week for that matter, if everything works there is no need to release a new bin, if it ain't broke don't fix it (just make the damn epg work faster).

If you read as much as any tester on this board or other boards you'll know which bin is popular, which bin has problems (hey BL ;) ...sorry) and which bin...I don't know, has kibbles and bits in it, so read on and you'll soon become the coolest guy ever :-).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us