Anyone know how to JTAG a Multistar Pantec Ultra?

Anonymous

I have no lights i think you call them knight rider lights on the out side, a green light is on inside,
i bought a JTAG cable on ebay, but the pictures on where to conect it are of a different IRD, please tell me where i can find info on my IRD, thanks

Anonymous

im looking for that, too. There doesnt seem to be any header, or even a soldering point for the jtag. Various sites around seem to claim that they can JTAG these machines, but I would like to be able to do it myself. Any help would be appreciated. I've included an attachment of the pantec ultra STB, if anyone wants to give it a look-see.

DishScott
Unregistered guest
what sites say they can do it?

Username: Daddyo_4000

Post Number: 1
Any help would be appreciated. thanks

locosoy
Unregistered guest
got a jtag almost done for the pantec I have with no pads to solder, The prob is TD0 point, need to know another location found for TD0. This is wired to pin 111 on the CPU STI*****. Anyone know a different test point.

will share the end result and would post later

U_Guys_R_DuMb
Unregistered guest
That's right. I flashed the receiver quite a number of times and the connections are solid. The resistors are in-line with the processor. This should help you out if you can get a magnifying glass to see the pins clearly. Solder to the side facing the chip. The other side of the resistors ends up grounded.

Here is a printer port connector to the actual pins on the processor. On the DB25 side, I used 1/4 watt 100 ohm resistors on all pins except the ground.

DB25 pin2--------->TMS 110
DB25 pin3--------->TCK 113
DB25 pin4--------->TDI 112
DB25 pin5--------->TRST 109
DB25 pin13------->TDO 111
DB25 pin18 to 25------->GND

The 1xx numbers represent the chip pin numbers. They start at 105 from the end of the OMEGA chip. When you look at the chip, the OMEGA should be oriented so you can read it. That would make pin 105 on the top row of pins starting on the right.

Now pin 111 is the only one left for a straight cpu solder.

For the ground, you can use the casing or test for a ground using a ohm meter.

I used a bit of hot melt glue to hold the wires in place.

LOST IN ORBIT.
Unregistered guest
Pansat we have a problem! Please Respond . Is this the new wave of the future for fta? Please respond.

scorpion
Unregistered guest
Well... I was thinking about the way to build a jtag for the Pantec Ultra and what I'm going to do is to take out the flash chip (SST39VF800A)and (using a programmer) flash it with the factory .bin I don't know if it'll work but I'll try. Any suggestion????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us