Changing address to get different local channels

bleppek
Unregistered guest
I'm getting dish installed this weekend and was interested in getting the Detroit local channels (especially Fox Sports Det). I live in the Indianapolis area and can pull all of the Indy local stations over the air.
I've heard that I can switch to paperless billing and then call customer service and tell them I moved to Michigan and this should get me the Detroit locals. I plan on just telling them my Dad's address, who lives in that area. Anyone doing this or know for sure if it works.

Thanks for any info.

buffalo
Unregistered guest
DTV locals are spotbeamed..yes U can say U moved, and DTV will reprogram your card for Detroit locals BUT you might not get them...BOTH Indy and Detroit MUST be in the same spotbeam or U will NOT get them in Indy.U need to locate a spotbeam map from another DSS site in their file archives or utilty area, and see if they are on the same transponder..They appear to be very close on my spotbeam map (transponder 18/26) but I can't swear by it..

bleppek
Unregistered guest
I have a friend that lives a couple of miles away from me with dish, that moved from Detroit. They never changed his dish and he still gets the Detroit channels, so I should be in the same spotbeam. One other question. If I leave my phone cord connected, will they be able to tell that it's not connected to a phone that is in the Detroit market?

buffalo
Unregistered guest
Do NOT leave phone plugged in....why chance it,I think yes it can create problems....order PPV's ONLINE!...phone line is ONLY needed for ordering PPV's via the remote, and calling DTV or Dish to tell them what U ordered so they can bill U correctly every month..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us