Moved Dish now No Signal??

Username: Torakki

Post Number: 1
Newbie question. I just moved locations and re-installed dish and can't find signal. I think it's related to the dish and receiver. I only get slow steady pulse sound and signal strength of "0". I get the pulse sound from the tv and sure I'm in the general area of the satelite, but even with the LNB cable disconnected, the pulse sound is still there. I'm using a different LNB cable?? Maybe the ground wire?? I moved about 100 miles east and it worked a few hours earlier before the move. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

LK
Unregistered guest
Yes U need to align the dish to whatever satellite U want with the LNB connected to the receiver,and put on a Dishnet channel to receive 110-119 etc..make sure all connections are good...then use a satfinder from radio shack or use the many Dish pointing files to calculate the elevation,azimuth and skew of the dish for your location..basically aim towards Mexico..

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the respones. I've tried all the allignment rules. I know I'm 38 degrees elevation and 121 degrees azimuth and I've searched that whole area. Is it like a needle pointing at the satelite? Thanks.

LK
Unregistered guest
U using an FTA? or plastic?...what dish?...what LNB's?...what files?..what swithces?...what receiver?..

how about just running a cable out the window directly from dish to receiver and then move it slowly until U get a signal..

Post Number: 3
I have a philleps reciever and RCA/Directv dish. Not sure of LNB, switches or FTA. I do have the cable running out the window so I can here the tv from where the dish is. Will any LNB cable conduct the elctricity for the dish power?
Thanks.

LK
Unregistered guest
what are U trying to get, Directv?..the 101 satellite?...is there a card in the receiver?

LK
Unregistered guest
what are U trying to get, Directv?..the 101 satellite?...is there a card in the receiver?...is the dish round or oval?...how many LNB's on dish?

LK
Unregistered guest
what are U trying to get, Directv?..the 101 satellite?...is there a card in the receiver?...is the dish round or oval?...how many LNB's on dish?...do U subscribe?

Stoopid
Unregistered guest
Move back to where you were before.

new york city
Unregistered guest
I lost my signal and then got it back again, but i rescanned the frequencies and now i am getting canadian broadcast channnels. I would like to get Dishnet again so i can watch eastcoast channels. Can i please get some assistance?

LK
Unregistered guest
scan the 110 and 119 satellites..then do a reset..and make sure your dish is aligned correctly ..If U rescanned those and get 91 Bev ,then your aligned/aimed wrong..

Post Number: 4
Thanks LK. Your first message made me re-think my process and I went back and re-aligned the dish. I found out you have to waite a bit after moving it and that the pulse continues after it finds a signal that is displaying on the screen (which I couldn't see). I expected a steady tone once the signal was found. I now have my signal and my direct tv is back. Thanks for the help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us