DirecTV receivers with DVI out??

Username: Iamkoza

Post Number: 1
TV: Sony KD-34XS955 (built in HDTV tuner)
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?I=158KD34XS9

I cant get dish network because i have no LOS to their satellite. I can get direcTV, but i cant get their HD receiver because i dont havea LOS to that satellite. Not being able to get the HD receiver is annoying but not a total disastor since i can get over the air HD. Anyway I'm wondering if it's possible to get a normal receiver that has dvi out?? I have already bought a DVI-HDMI cable and I'm hoping to still be able to use it with a normal receiver. I sure as heck dont want to have to settle for s-video if there is a normal reciever with dvi out.

Also, can normal receivers do 480p?

any help would be greatly appreciated

HoMeAuXseeexuAl SenSor
Unregistered guest
Well, check for the T-1000, it has a DVI out as well as s-video. Just make sure that you don't get a receiver that is DVDA compatible, the manufacturers make them sloppy as hell.

Post Number: 2
Who manufactures the t-1000 that you are talking about?

Username: Admin

Post Number: 234
Since your television already has a built-in HDTV tuner, all you have to do is hookup a HDTV antenna to your Sony TV to get over-the-air HDTV.

I took a quick glance at the rear jack panel of your TV from the Crutchfield website, and it appears you would connect the antenna into the UHF/VHF coaxial jack on the back of the TV.

Post Number: 3
i knew that, and i have the over the air braodcasts working, but i wanted to use my DVI cable for my satellite receiver, since my 2 component inputs are already in use. I'm just assuming a dvi output would look better than s-video

Username: Admin

Post Number: 236
Yes, DVI connections should look better then S-video. Although I cannot think of a "normal" satellite non-HD receiver that has DVI outputs. The "high definition" satellite receivers almost all have DVI outputs. But I don't think it's worth it to by a more expensive HD satellite receiver just to utilize the DVI output for standard definition content, when you can't receive HD satellite content.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us