Please help newbie with dish question? ie interchanging dishes

Anonymous

I am Canadian I currently pay legit for my direct tv since the HU card went down, 36.99 us funds.The dish I use for my direct tv is a star choice dish so not to bring attention to myself.I have Bell expressvu as well for Canadian,it uses echostar equipment.Im going to be getting DISHNET so I hve to get another receiver.I THINK I can get another Bell 2700 to bring in dishnet,they are made by echostar?Please correct me if im on the wrong track.

I found a dish at the dump that is complete with a double LNB.It says RCA on it.Does saying RCA on it tell anyone what it will work for?As I said the Star Choice canada dish works for my direct tv,will the RCA dish work on dish net?I have to buy the equipment in Canada.You cant just walk into a Bell store and buy one.They want credit card or check etc.I may have to buy on ebay.

Also are LNB`s interchangeable.

Thanks if anyone can help

Silver Member
Username: Fryguy

Barrington Passage, Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 132
Best to look at the frequancy on the LNB there will be two ranges LNB input in the Ghz range anf the down-converted output in the Mhz range. be sure they match your receiver and the network your using. By your decription i cant determine what dish/network/receiver your using or looking for the answer for. more specific please.

Anonymous

i am in canada using a dtv dish and i recently got a pansat 2500 - i can not get the satelite to find dishnet all i keep getting is bell express vu!! CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE CORINNEA.JEVON@ROGERS.COM

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 178
Dishnet and bev are fairly close together, to the right and down some (From my memory of setting it up) use a signal strengh meter to tune it in. You'll find it easily after a few shots around.

help
Unregistered guest
FryGuy

Thanks i will try again i am getting level and quality approx 89% for 119 but i am not getting picture .... this is driving me crazy can u give me the quardinates? corinnea.jevon@rogers.com

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 180
http://home.wxs.nl/~napel/sataim.htm
If you must have it to aim. Mini dishes are so easy to aim i never bothered, I just use a compass to get the direction and guess at the elevation. I move it around slightly until it comes in on the right bird, the only time I had a problem was when I had a bad cable connection.

meisha
Unregistered guest
hi, i just purchases a oval dish with the 2 LNB connectors, can anyone tell me if i have to change my LNB local-freq on the antenna setup on my pansat 2500, i cant seem to get signal now, do i have to change anything ?

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 228
meisha, your information on your dish and LNB is very vauge for anyone to answer you properly.

corinnea
Unregistered guest
okay let me try and be more precise about my question, i bought an oval (optical) dish, with the 2 LNB's i am trying to get 110 & 119 i am able to get 110 but cant get 119 ? i am not sure i am aiming properly can anyone walk me through this ? this is a pic of my dish , the bottom LNB is at 110 right now ?

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 229
That's a common problem, remember that the LNB's catch reflected signal. What I suspect that you have done is aimed with the wrong LNB to the wrong bird, its opposite of what you think.

Corinnea
Unregistered guest
If you go to this website you will see my Dish at the bottom of the page

http://forums.al7bar.tk/showthread.php?t=19511

So you are saying that the bottom lnb should be 119 and the top one should be 110 Right????

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 232
I need to login to see that page. Bottom LNB ? There is two LNB's they shouldnt be be stacked vertically. looking at the front you have a left and a right LNB. they cross by reflection off the dish.

meisha
Unregistered guest
they are beside each other not stacked, i typed it wrong, i was advised that the 119 lnb, is slightly higher then the 110 ? if i am correct, now i am able to get 119, but have lost 110, i have the 119 in the middle, what side should i be putting the 110 lnb from the front of the dish ? also do i have to set my TP to anything specific for each of them on my pansat 2500 ?

rt
Unregistered guest
what a lovely name meisha.... 110 should be on the right side and tilt it down on the right side about 12 degrees...goodluck

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 235
Depends if east coast or on the west coast also. I have no idea about the pansat receiver but most have a check switch you'll need to run to detect the use of a switch and a second satellite. Be sure your skew angle is right also.

Username: Awaaz88

Vancouver, B.C. Canada

Post Number: 2
I am new at this, and I want to find out from someone out there on what kind of card read I should purchase to update my Rom 10 and Rom 11 cards. Something which is not too expense.

What else would I have to purchase to update my smart cards.

thanks

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 238
Any cheep ISO programer with a (~3.78Mhz i think) crystal.A bare bones programmer with no case and with no 12 volt power supply will only cost you $30-40. You need to have a card thats open to program. If the backdoor is shut you cant do a thing with the card untill it's opened by a dealer. A n00b should start off with a Atmega card or similar card first, as they are much easier and cheaper to use then plastic.

Username: Awaaz88

Vancouver, B.C. Canada

Post Number: 3
Fryguy, thanks for your help.

Anonymous

I have a legit bell expressview sat dish and 4700
receiver I want to take it to New Port Richey Florida,for the winter. I need the angle and direction, Can anyone help.

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply but it did not work for me

key largo
Unregistered guest
it works for anyone...like 1+1=2...there is NO way it does NOT work!...OPERATOR ERROR..

key largo
Unregistered guest
it works for anyone...like 1+1=2...there is NO way it does NOT work!...OPERATOR ERROR..

Elizabeth_1980
Unregistered guest
For Pansat experts, I'm new but a fast learner, I have 2500A and directtv dish with triple-lnb, regarless on how i position the dish or change the satellite config (from mimiq to echo or etc...) i still get the signal level around 80% (drops to 25% if i unplug the dish cable) and the signal quality at 0%. Does anyone have an idea on what might be wrong? i tried to play around with numbers and scans and all that but still got no signal quality. Help is appreciated, g'luck boys.

vava vava
Unregistered guest
dear friends,

I am canadian that use a dish system to receive international channels. I just learn from the technician that it will be no more possible to receive signal from dish after january 2005. He said that dish have change the cards and we gone to buy from dish the full price if we want to receive the signal. Is this true ? theres no others options for real ? thanks for the information !

key largo
Unregistered guest
Rumor is August 2005,for the completion of the Dish data stream change to blue cards using the nagra 2,which there presently is no hack for..this will also affect FTA users who view the Dish satellte channels....very similiar to the DTV data stream change from HU cards to the present P4/5 cards..

Anonymous

thanks dear key largo,

does all rom 3-10... cards will be affected or some may be not affected ? there is any others solutions ?

key largo
Unregistered guest
not yet...cancom seems to be the resident Dish expert,not me...I just read alot...LOL...I still play with DTV..

vava vava
Unregistered guest
thanks again dear key largo.

you are the only one helpng us newbees, so I want to thank you for that.
Do you have a girlfriend ?

Unregistered guest
can any one help me understand what is going on with my 3120 system from bell i pay for basic but how can i open my card for everything what are my options

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 339
What method do you want to use? IMO, Using a card replacement like an Atmega card is the easiest and probably the cheepest way to go.

vava vava
Unregistered guest
hi guys,

I want more informations, papers or sites were i can be more informed about this future change of signal at DISH

Thanks to all of you who can help.
thanks to Key largo and maybe our dish expert Cancom or others helpful persons!

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 341
If you do a search its everywhere. Its getting to be a hot topic and will get even more so when the switching date gets closer.

www.sattech.ca is a good large forum and there is lots of others (like this forum).

MDW
Unregistered guest
I'm using Dish Network I program my card and I see all the chanels but every 1 hour or sometime 2 hours everything fall down and I have to wait till he find the signal wich is about 2 minute my quastion is what is my mistake in the programing?

thanks

key largo
Unregistered guest
latest rumors..nagra 2 for Dish/fTA will be completed in august..strong rumors that nagra 2 has already been compromised..www.dsscentral.net is a very good forum and live chat for Dish and FTA info,help,news,and files

newbie1
Unregistered guest
I am a canadian. I plugged in both expressvu and superdish on the switch. I am only getting the dish. Help;;;

Unregistered guest
hi experts
i'm verry new to fta
what's the best way to find sat signal and how do u calculate 119 or 121
do i have to buy a sat finder? what should i do to get the international chenals
please, please help.thank you

Username: Dbs

Post Number: 2
dear experts,
I am new here in this forum. and I really need some help from all of you. i just upgraded my Fortec Ultra lifetime to be al7 2.47. the problem is that bell ExpressVu works fine but 61.5 has no picture and shows "Data is being downloaded". quality is good. 61.5 was fine before upgrading.
Please help me if you could and thank you very much.

dbs

Anonymous

FORTEC ULTRA KEY INSERTION PROCEDURE

(DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY UNLESS TOLD TO DO SO. FOLLOW INSTRUCTION EXACTLY)

STEP 1-PRESS: M E N U
STEP 2-FIND CHANNEL EDIT (ARROW RIGHT UNTIL YOU SEE CHANNEL
EDIT AT TOP)
STEP 3-ARROW DOWN UNTIL YOU HIGHLIGHT CODE AND PRESS: O K
STEP 4-FOR PASSWORD ENTER: 1010
STEP 5-ARROW DOWN AND HIGHLIGHT NAGRAVISION AND PRESS OK
STEP 6-PRESS RIGHT ARROW 11 TIMES (YOU WILL SEE DISH NETWORK)
STEP 7-PRESS DOWN ARROW 1 TIME
STEP 8-PRESS LEFT ARROW 1 TIME (YOU WILL SEE KEY 01)
STEP 9-PRESS DOWN ARROW 1 TIME (YOU WILL SEE A SERIES OF
NUMBERS AND LETTERS
STEP 10-ENTER THIS NUMBER 01 C5 FB 21 37 B6 C0 5E INTO THIS AREA,
(IGNORE THE LAST 4 NUMBERS).
STEP 11-PRESS: OK TO SAVE THIS NUMBER TO MEMORY
STEP 12-PRESS: EXIT UNTIL BACK TO TV CHANNEL. YOU ARE DONE.

Username: Dbs

Post Number: 3
I'm not done.
I tried exactly as above, it is still as bofore. again, "data is being downloaded". also when pressing SIG button, LOCK is showing.

Anonymous

HELLO experts.
I have been reading about FTA . finally i purchased the pasant 2500a today. I do not have a dish yet. can some body recommend the last one tested to work the best with my receiver.And where can i get it? I am looking for some no so expensive.
help plzz
thank you
email me: flmiami17@yahoo.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us