Full PPV card - no phone line, get new box, will the charge me?

Anonymous

I just bought a HDTV and have DTV. I don'thave a home phone, but ordered PPV. Never got a bill. If I have them come out to replace old box with new HD receiver, will they take the old box, read the card and bill me? Anyway to avoid that?

key largo
Unregistered guest
Its all in the card,which DTV has no need to replace...Busted,unless the phone does not get plugged in!...but then cannot order PPV
's with the remote ever again..

key largo
Unregistered guest
Its all in the card,which DTV has no need to replace...Busted,unless the phone does not get plugged in!...but then cannot order PPV's with the remote ever again..

Augie
Unregistered guest
I have the same problem with a few ppv,s on this card and can,t order with remote.Does this mean when and if dtv sends out new card,s,will the ppv,s on the first card be transfered onto the new card?Any way to avoid this.

key largo
Unregistered guest
DTV will NOT send out a new card just cause the PPV slots are full..order PPV's online..if the phone line is plugged in,and IF DTV were to send out a new card for whatever reason,yes DTV will be capable of retrieving that info,just like when they swapped the P4 cards..if you're using the same receiver that is on your sub account...if IRD is not on sub account,then don't worry about it..

key largo
Unregistered guest
DTV will NOT send out a new card just cause the PPV slots are full..order PPV's online..if the phone line is plugged in,and IF DTV were to send out a new card for whatever reason,yes DTV will be capable of retrieving that info,just like when they swapped the P4 cards..if you're using the same receiver that is on your sub account...if IRD is not on sub account,then don't worry about it..also makes a big difference if its a RID IRD or not,as far as new card and marring to IRD..

wait_dude
Unregistered guest
Hey dude, why have DTV come out to your house? Just buy the HD receiver, it comes with it's own card. Then call up DTV and activate the receiver. They will ask if this reciever replaces an existing unit. You say yes, and they turn that one off. That's all there is too it. They never ask for the old card back.
Don't let anyone tell you otherwise - DTV activates millions of receivers each year and it's very routine. This is nothing out of the ordinary. Don't worry about it doing this, it's a hole in their system that they don't like to talk about. Too bad you didn't use up the full 25 slots and the now $200 limit (you would of had about 40 days to use it before it went 731).

key largo
Unregistered guest
ALL newer IRD's only have 4 slots,older IRD's have the 25 slots..

Augie
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the info.I,ll check the hd receiver out,there is over $140.00 on it though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us