Onkyo HT-S760 vs. SKS-HT510 (need help)

Bill Smith
I'm looking at purchasing a Home Theater System and came across these two systems. After looking at the specs, it seems to me that the S760 package has the EXACT same speakers (which is 510) and a extra receiver. Is this true??? or are the speakers on 760 are better quality? If the speakers are the same, I was thinking about buying a separate a bit high end receiver (either onkyo or Harmon kardon) and get the SKS-HT510 speakers for it. I'm looking to spend about $500-600 on the total package which I'm going to use it for both music and home theater usage. Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated. Thanks.

Seth
Hi Bill,

I purchased the s760 refurbished about a month ago. First, the speakers that come in that package are labeled as the sks-ht200 series, but the specs are the same as the sks-ht510s, so I imagine they're identical. The receiver is a great deal, but I don't care very much for the center channel or the fronts in the package. I'd look into just getting the ht-510 receiver and maybe some Fluance AV-HTB speakers to hook up to it (I'm looking into unloading the sks-ht200s and replacing them with Fluance myself).

Bill Smith
Thank you for your suggestion. I did some research on the Fluance speakers. It seems like I'll just have to take a chance and trust the reviews. I was really hoping I would get to listen to them before I make an invest. Oh well, now that the speakers are out of the way, what would you recommend for receiver? Is TXR601 any good???

Username: Seth_g

Post Number: 1
Hope you're satisfied with the speakers once you receive them. The TX-R601 is a fine receiver as far as I can tell, though I'm not clear on the differences between the lower end onkyo (the ht-510, which I have) and a higher end model like the TXR601. THe HT-510 seems perfectly adequate for my purposes, I'd recommend you look into that (for 6.1 channel audio) or the ht-500 (for 5.1) (I've used both models and been satisfied with each.)

Good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us