Onkyho htr-510...dvd audio 5.1??? what settings?

Jon123
Unregistered guest
Hello everyone,
I have a dvd audio question. I finally hooked up my 5.1 analog inputs from my dvd audio player to my onkyo htr-510 receiver that came in my s760 package. Now I can play dvd audio discs fine but I want to know how I can make sure I'm playing the surround pcm mix on the receiver. The dvd player is outputting the analog but what dsp or setting should I have on my receiver to make sure it plays surround pcm? It default to all channel stereo but I can also choose "direct pcm". Can I choose dts neo music, or should I just leave it at this default...or no dsp at all? I'm pretty confused..I want to make sure it's playing the surround stream and not the stereo stream encoded on the disc. the display on the receiver doesn't really tell me if it's playing stereo or surround stream. And the dvd player doesn't label if stream 1 or 2 is stereo or surround. Basically does anyone know, using this receiver, what settings I should have to make sure it's sending out uncompressed and no dsp'd 5.1 channel audio?

Jon123
Unregistered guest
nevermind :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us