Question - Just finished my home theater and not getting the sound I was expecting. What to change?

Username: Tinagrims87

Post Number: 1
I just finished installation of all my home theater stuff (with some great feedback from this sub), but I'm not getting the immersive sound I was expecting. I know there are some things I can change, and I'd appreciate some recommendations.

My setup is:

Surrounds - 4x Polk MC 60 in-ceiling speakers (2 front, 2 rear)

Center - Polk CSi A6

Sub - Monolith 12"

Receiver - Denon AVR-X3400H

Fronts - 2x Canton CD-100 Floor standing speakers

The issue I'm having is even when set to surround, I feel like the sound is 90% coming from the center/front channels only. I'll hear rear in-ceilings do an effect or something occasionally, but I was expecting them to be doing more work. I think if the rears (or really the 4x in-ceilings) were working more you'd feel more in the middle of the sound stage. But, I'm pretty new to this stuff so I'm looking for suggestions.

I'm currently using the "center spread" option on the receiver because that center speaker is pretty beefy and you sit fairly close to it. If center spread is "off" then the sound feels pretty narrow. But my main issue is not getting much use from the in-ceilings except for the odd effect or something.

One user here suggested ditching the Canton fronts altogether. Or, is there some set-up in the receiver I can do to force more sound to the in-ceilings?

Username: Admin

Post Number: 11331
Have you tried to run the Audyssey setup on the Denon AVR?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us