Stupid HTIB rec Question

Unregistered guest
I'm quite new to this and would like some reccomendations for an economical HTIB system suited for me.

I live in a 1br apartment in a highrise, so I don't need very much power. Actually instead of overwhelming bass, I am looking for a system to provide an encompassing effect and have a high level of clarity and "timbre" (hope i'm using that right).

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 675
Let's start with a budget. Do you prefer going to the local BB, CC or internet is okay?

Unregistered guest
Would like something in the sub $500 range...

Fab 5
Unregistered guest
You can definately find something in your range by going to Best or Circuit. Most HTIB's don't have tons of bass, so in this case, this is what you will want. Remember, Sony is a good brand, but overpriced. HTIB isn't one of their strongsuits. Don't forget even checking out Walmart or Target or Costco. Be sure no matter what, buy better speaker wire. At lease a 16g. The wire with the set isn't that good. Some of the HTIB's wires can't be changed though. (Panasonic and some Sony's) Make sure about a return policy. Most places give you at least 30 days to see if you like it or not. Good luck and let us know what you went with.

Bronze Member
Username: Daddyrabbit

Post Number: 14
One note, when you do get your system, set it to your normal listening level for a day or two, then go to your neighbors apartments and ask if it bothers them. You get to meet your neighbors and possibly avoid future "tensions".

That said, in another thread on this board there was this link:

http://www.onecall.com/Shipping.SHP?CartProductID=19801&NewQty=1&PMOID=1562&PMOC

This system assumes you have a DVD player and the speakers are kinda' large but the overall sound is good and the system is upgradeable.

Bronze Member
Username: Daddyrabbit

Post Number: 15
Note: credit goes to Blue123 for the above link...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us