Sony dav dz570k question

Username: Harveyaw

Post Number: 1
This is my home theather. http://www.sony.com.ph/product/dav-dz570k

My problem is that i have nowhere to put the front speaker at the front and the only way that i can put them is at the back. The surround speaker, which is the smaller one can be put besides the tv. Is there a difference if i'm going plug the wires of the front speaker at the surround speaker port of my dvd player and the surround speaker wire be plug at the front port of the player? In other words, i'm going to interchange between the two sets of speakers? Will i still get a surround sound on my taller speaker which was originally supposed to be a front speaker?

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2347
­
"Will i still get a surround sound on my taller speaker which was originally supposed to be a front speaker?"

The short answer is yes.

However, most movie soundtracks require the front (or "main") speakers to reproduce a greater amount of sound than the surround speakers. This is why most surround systems utilize front speakers with greater frequency response and dynamic range. But if you have no choice, then reversing the speakers will result in a satisfactory -- though not ideal -- audio surround field.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us