Optical output to rca speaker inputs

Username: Garywood84

Post Number: 1
I have a set of 5.1 surround sound speakers which are connected to my DVD player using 6 phono connectors (i.e. the DVD player has 6 phono outputs, one for each of the 5.1 channels).

I'm looking at buying a Panasonic DMR-EX85 DVD recorder, but whilst this includes a Dolby Decoder, it only has an optical output, so I can't connect my speakers to it directly.

Since the speaker system includes an amplifier, I don't want to have to buy a separate decoder/amplifier to connect between the DVD recorder and the speakers.

What I really need is a small "box" with an optical input and 6x phono outputs (i.e. one for each 5.1 channel.

Can anyone tell me if such things exist and, if so, where to get one from?

Thanks,

Gary

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12437
"What I really need is a small "box" with an optical input and 6x phono outputs (i.e. one for each 5.1 channel"

Unfortunately that unit is called a receiver.

Username: Garywood84

Post Number: 2
Berny,

Thanks for your reply.

I had a feeling that a receiver was going to be the only option.

I can't believe that nobody has thought to make an optical to phono converter yet - there's definitely demand for such a thing judging by all the people I've read posts from online who have a similar problem to me ... any electronics manufacturers reading...?!!

Thanks,

Gary

Username: Dolbydigital

Iran

Post Number: 1
to mach 6 phono input jacks to optical/coaxial jacks
i have a sony dvd player supplied with both coaxial and optical output jacks and a 5.1 chanal audio system that i want to connect them together as a home theater syestem.but my audio receiver dosn't have coaxial nor optical input jacks. please guide me about the convrter that i can use in this case.
thanks.
email add:saeednayyery@yahoo.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us