What HDTV goes best w/ PS3 and Blu-Ray?

Username: Epaz

PA United State...

Post Number: 2
I'm planning to get a Playstation 3 (60GB)and an HDTV to go with it. It's going to be in my bedroom so all Im going to use this TV for is Playstation 3 games, Blu-Ray movies and DVD movies. So pretty much I want an HDTV (preferably LCD) that supports 720p resolution, performs well in darkly lit rooms and has no problem working with the Playstation 3. My budget isnt too great btw; im looking to spend max $800 on the TV so I'm prepared to settle for a 'less than perfect' HDTV. Anybody have any suggesstions on what HDTV I should look into purchasing?

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 1672
Oh NVM I was going to suggest a good high-end Sony but NVM.

Bronze Member
Username: Tunasalad

California US

Post Number: 87
Edgar,

I am definetly going to agree with Andre. I think that if you really want to have a great experience with this system, wait and buy a large and high end Sony. I have a PS3 and a 60" Sony SXRD and it is great. Also, if it isn't too much of a problem, ditch flat panel.

But, if you insist, the Sharp Aquos 720p is a great line of LCD tvs. These are definetly available for under $800 and you will be satisfied by the picture because it is the next best thing to Sony and Samsung.

Stefan

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 1689
Yeah I was at our local place and saw their 2nd best system which was a 70" SXRD, Rotel's best surround Pre/Pro, Dvd Player, a Paradigm Studio system, and 200x5 amp with Straightwire Crescendo and video cabling all around.

It was amazing, I tell ya. I watched Van Helsing that night and left almost terrified. The subwoofer was actually an UltraCube 10. I was surpised at it's abilities.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1379
­
Edgar, with only $800 to spend, you are limited to an OK 32" LCD, or a low-end 37" on super sale.

If you had a little more scratch I would recommend the latest Sony 1080 LCDs that will display the 1080p signal the PS3 is capable of generating.

Actually, you need a lot more scratch for that. :-(
­

Bronze Member

California US

Post Number: 89
Edgar,

John is right about the 1080p display. The good news is that you don't need a ridiculous amount of "scratch". A 50" SONY SXRD is available for less than $1800. I would definetly recommend this course of action. Also, unless you win the lottery, don't even bother with LCDs and Plasmas because they are at least 2-3 times more expensive

Username: Josh1005

Norfolk, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 5
i would not bother with LCDs at all i dont like them at all the color is not as good nor the contrast and the lag in fast moving objects in the bigger screens make them real anoying. i have a 42" samsung plasma 1080i that i paid 1500 for at circut city and my PS3 looks aswome on it and movies are flawless. but if you are looking for something cheaper DLP is a great alternitive for the money they are on beatable

Bronze Member

California US

Post Number: 98
I would definetly not recommend a DLP tv. Instead find a good RPTV with Lcos, which is a newer and better technology. Also, the last time I checked, plasma had more bugs in it than a roach motel. A Sony RPTV can be had for about $1500 for a 50" so save your money.

Stefan

Username: Josh1005

Norfolk, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 8
well i have had my plasma for a couple months now and have not found any "bugs" please clarify. plasma all around as a far better picture than any LCD to date, and they are cheaper. plasma is brighter with more vivid colors and no lag in fast moveing objects. and i think dlp will be big in the future since laser tvs use this format. and as far as rptv and crt tv's are bulky heavy and no where near the picture of DLPs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us